This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't the PS3 get a killer exclusive like Nintendo or Microsoft?

#61really1903Posted 11/8/2012 12:04:21 AM
the ps3 got infamous, uncharted, killzone, god of war, resistance, and we got mgs 4, but i prefer uncharted the most.
#62kcypher2000Posted 11/8/2012 12:21:16 AM
lostkiwi posted...
Hmmm

Well, in terms of PS3 exclusive franchises

- Uncharted
- Resistance
- Killzone
- God of War
- LittleBigPlanet
- Infamous
- Sly Cooper
- Ratchet & Clank
- Metal Gear Solid
- Gran Turismo
- Motorstorm
- Pixeljunk
- Jak & Daxter
- SOCOM

And that's before you even consider some of the stand alone games such as
- Heavy Rain
- Demon's Souls
- Journey
- Mag
- 3D Dot Game Heroes
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Twisted Metal
Among others

Where as 360 has:
- Fable
- Halo
- Gears
- Forza
- Dead or Alive

You can say what you'd like about the PS3, but arguing about exclusives is just dumb.

Also, a bit of trivia - The Grand Turismo series has sold almost 50% more units that the Halo Series.

You need to do some better research considering you listed every ps3 exclusive but ignored dozens of xbox exclusives. Many of those you never would even know about unless you had an xbox. I guarantee if Tenchu Z was a ps3 exclusive it would have been on your lame list.

Oh and why did someone list Armored Core? its multiplatform.
#63rootbeer121Posted 11/8/2012 12:21:33 AM
Every company does different things. It's true that Microsoft and Nintendo have games that last forever, but the games on Playstation are significantly better. And instead of spending 8 hours a day every day until the next game comes out, doing the same menial tasks, playing the same maps against the same enemies, you get to experience different stories and different characters. That is what makes the Playstation what it is.

And if you think this is a bad thing, Playstation has been around long before Nintendo and Microsoft got into the console market, so they know it better than anyone.
---
Work Desktop: i7-3770k | 16GB DDR3 | PNY Nvidia Quadro 6000 4GB
Gaming Desktop: i5-3570k | 8GB DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 670
#64SubZeroChief23Posted 11/8/2012 12:24:35 AM
TC is right. PS3 has more exclusives but none of them really last beyond the main story. I like Uncharted and God of War but once the story is finished I go back to playing Halo.
#65kcypher2000Posted 11/8/2012 12:25:24 AM
rootbeer121 posted...
Every company does different things. It's true that Microsoft and Nintendo have games that last forever, but the games on Playstation are significantly better. And instead of spending 8 hours a day every day until the next game comes out, doing the same menial tasks, playing the same maps against the same enemies, you get to experience different stories and different characters. That is what makes the Playstation what it is.

And if you think this is a bad thing, Playstation has been around long before Nintendo and Microsoft got into the console market, so they know it better than anyone.

Wait a second, the playstation has been around before Nintendo? Okay please stop posting.

Oh and how many good ps3 exclusives did you play this year? Oh wait there was none... Xbox live arcade had better games than ps3 retail.
#66SubZeroChief23Posted 11/8/2012 12:26:38 AM
rootbeer121 posted...

The problem with that is after 8 hours Uncharted is over. There is really no reason to play those games again after you finish the story unless you are a trophy collector. Same with God of War, inFamous, etc.
#67MaxStar360Posted 11/8/2012 12:43:55 AM
rootbeer121 posted...

This guy probably wasn't even *born* before the PS1 came out lol!
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#68kcypher2000Posted 11/8/2012 12:44:46 AM
MaxStar360 posted...
rootbeer121 posted...

This guy probably wasn't even *born* before the PS1 came out lol!

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed the madness of that line....
#69DemonDog666Posted 11/8/2012 1:03:47 AM
Because Sony has too many good games to spend enough on advertising on one game series, unlike MS and Nintendo.
#70UniversquallPosted 11/8/2012 1:10:23 AM
It really is a shame that nobody bought Tenchu Z. RIP Tenchu. And list person DOA is no longer a system seller for someone.
---
After the Fallout