This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't the PS3 get a killer exclusive like Nintendo or Microsoft?

#71ikrissyPosted 11/8/2012 12:15:06 AM
Because Sony has too many good games to spend enough on advertising on one game series, unlike MS and Nintendo.

So they choose to not spend it on any?
---
goolybooly-TC, you came HERE to complain about the bad people on Xbox Live? Xbox Live is like GameFAQs with sound. | GT- Kombat Kelly
#72SubZeroChief23Posted 11/8/2012 12:21:26 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Because Sony has too many good games to spend enough on advertising on one game series, unlike MS and Nintendo.

This might be the dumbest comment I've ever seen in my life.
#73AgitoXIIIPosted 11/8/2012 12:34:36 AM
its amazing how dumb people are in this world. The OP makes a great point.

We all know the PS3 has killer apps for it's console like Uncharted and Gran Turismo. But his point (and its a good point) is that Sony doesn't seem to have the LONG TERM, super social, multiplayer blocker butster game like Smash or Halo. Which is dead on.

We're talking about the wait in line, take over the internet, get times on CNBC cuture shock games. No iyt doesn't quite have that.

It has good exclusives, yes, but not quite Halo, or Smash. (sorry, Killzone and that All - Stars crap aint cuttin it)
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#74renzsweetPosted 11/8/2012 12:35:29 AM
Mario is not only the face of Nintendo. He is arguably the face of all video gaming. Having known people that literally have not heard of anything younger than an Atari, they have recognized Mario from pictures and figures. But as I have said for years, these companies do not give a care about me beyond my wallet, so why should I care about them? And I have been an employee for all three.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#75bretnsidPosted 11/8/2012 12:38:00 AM
Uncharted.....
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#76SubZeroChief23Posted 11/8/2012 12:40:38 AM
bretnsid posted...
Uncharted.....

Is not even half as popular as Halo and Mario.
#77ChaingunmasterPosted 11/8/2012 12:42:28 AM
AgitoXIII posted...

We all know the PS3 has killer apps for it's console like Uncharted and Gran Turismo. But his point (and its a good point) is that Sony doesn't seem to have the LONG TERM, super social, multiplayer blocker butster game like Smash or Halo. Which is dead on.

I'd rather have the variety of PS3 exclusives than the two or three Microsoft super-franchises that they've been relying on for the past few years. Seriously Microsoft, where the hell are the new IPs?
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#78darkness1018Posted 11/8/2012 12:48:07 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
AgitoXIII posted...

I'd rather have the variety of PS3 exclusives than the two or three Microsoft super-franchises that they've been relying on for the past few years. Seriously Microsoft, where the hell are the new IPs?

^ This.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#79MT_TRAEHPosted 11/8/2012 1:09:42 AM
MGS
---
The Metal Gear Series is probably the best games ever made.
#80Mordecai the MadPosted 11/8/2012 1:58:24 AM
I own a Wii, PS3, and 360...

Halo is overrated, I've never played Smash Bros.

I'd rather have a bunch of great exclusives than 1 "great" exclusive that's only draw is repetitive multiplayer deathmatches.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473965863/sui-generis
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bytelogic/103-a-turn-based-strategy-game