This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So my 50 year old aunt...

#21lkhlkhPosted 11/8/2012 1:27:19 AM
DisturbedIcon posted...
Has decided she wants to take up gaming.

And so she told me tonight she plans to buy a PS3. So I said cool. (while also going O_o)

And then she asked me what kind of game(s) she should get with it and I drew a blank.

Not because the PS3 library is bad, far from it. But I've never actually had to recommend a video game to someone that is so... on in their life(old lol), since anyone who's ever asked me to recommend them a video game has you know, been a gamer.

I find it a very perplexing situation.

I mean since she has my little cousins I recommended Little Big Planet 2 and for her I recommended the Uncharted series because I figure she'll like that sort of style that mix of action/puzzle/cinematic storytelling.

But what'd you guys think I should also recommend?

how i wish my old aunt was like yours ;(
---
Nemi 3437-4140-5298 *message me if adding*
#22riddlebox89Posted 11/8/2012 2:02:22 AM
Tell her to get Dead Space.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#23ChaingunmasterPosted 11/8/2012 2:04:30 AM
Journey might seem like a weird choice, but if you weant her to keep gaming and not immedietly run off you might as well start with one of the best (and without violence!).
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#24silly_sausagePosted 11/8/2012 2:06:45 AM
LA Noire? I don't know, my mum's right into all that kinda old-timey crime stuff, like the Black Dahlia thing.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#25sanjonasPosted 11/8/2012 3:45:21 AM
God of War III
---
Jonathan van 't Ende
Netherlands, Kampen (Overijssel)
#26SythisTaruPosted 11/8/2012 3:59:29 AM
Heavy Rain, and I'm serious. The gameplay style should be easy for a beginner, but the depth of the story should also impress her.
#27jammiesPosted 11/8/2012 4:04:28 AM
Is she hot?
What? I'm 37... she isn't too old ;-)
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#28muggyPosted 11/8/2012 6:00:28 AM
Can you update us on what she thinks of the PSN store? I am curious how she feels about it considering how so many self proclaimed gamers suddenly find a menu is the hardest level they have ever encountered.
#29nonexistingheroPosted 11/8/2012 6:07:58 AM
Ask what kind of things she generally likes, what she expects and what she wants.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#30nonexistingheroPosted 11/8/2012 6:11:52 AM
SythisTaru posted...
Heavy Rain, and I'm serious. The gameplay style should be easy for a beginner, but the depth of the story should also impress her.

The story has no depth, it's a clusterf*** that makes no sense -__-

Hmm... I suppose Assassin's Creed games could be good for rookies. The controls are pretty simple.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.