This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So my 50 year old aunt...

#41CallmegePosted 11/8/2012 6:47:00 AM
Portal 2.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#42cavebear56Posted 11/8/2012 6:48:16 AM
4dfmaEF posted...
Splatterhouse

As an older individual, but been gaming for many years, it's a great choice...

TC, even though I kick the game around like no tomorrow, Heavy Rain might not be a bad choice.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#43theshovellerPosted 11/8/2012 7:18:29 AM
SythisTaru posted...
Heavy Rain, and I'm serious. The gameplay style should be easy for a beginner, but the depth of the story should also impress her.

Yeah, I was thinking about suggesting this, too. I typically recommend stuff like adventure games for older players who aren't familiar with controllers, since they're slower and good for learning the layout of the hardware, but I can't think of anything else that would be good on PS3 like that. Maybe the Sam and Max games? Never played them, so I don't know how good they are.

Lego games would probably be good recommendations for non-adventure games. Infinite lives and lighthearted gameplay make for a good combination.
#44nozomi429Posted 11/8/2012 7:24:56 AM
Tales of Graces f.

Story and characters may be childish, but women gamers are often found to not mind. The gameplay is easy, and even if she finds it difficult, she can lower the difficulty. The game is attractive, in a colorful way.

Also, 50 isn't really that old.
---
Spiders. Spinnen.
#45SolidLiquid25Posted 11/8/2012 7:29:24 AM
PS1 classics like FF7 or maybe something like Scott Pilgrim, also MGS HD collection.
---
"Dammit Jim, That's not what you promised!!"
Baker Armstech
#46DarthNAS4Posted 11/8/2012 8:19:38 AM
Motsu posted...
Well, DC Universe Online is free to download. Could have her download that and try that out.

You don't want her to give up gaming before she stars with a 9 hour download of a crappy game.

Tell her to buy Little Big Planet 2. And go from there.
---
"The most excellent struggle is that for the conquest of self."
~Prophet Muhammad
#47cymanxPosted 11/8/2012 9:07:24 AM
Jason_Hudson posted...
You have CoD coming out on Tuesday, start on that.

Yeah, starte her up on a game that is completely lacking of taste and style, that makes sense. Seriously, go back to the corner with the rest of the Call of Duty fans.
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#48DisturbedIcon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 2:30:23 PM
cavebear56 posted...
4dfmaEF posted...
Splatterhouse

As an older individual, but been gaming for many years, it's a great choice...

TC, even though I kick the game around like no tomorrow, Heavy Rain might not be a bad choice.

yeah I forgot about that and I have Heavy Rain myself and will likely never play it again.

A lot of good suggestions here thanks guys.
---
Disturbing GameFAQs since 2002...
GamerTag:
Rah514/ PSN: Rah-514
#49MourningReignsPosted 11/8/2012 2:40:31 PM
My mom likes the Silent Hill games.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#50MourningReignsPosted 11/8/2012 2:42:35 PM
cymanx posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
You have CoD coming out on Tuesday, start on that.

Yeah, starte her up on a game that is completely lacking of taste and style, that makes sense. Seriously, go back to the corner with the rest of the Call of Duty fans.

I didn't know we had a girl gamer in this thread.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.