This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So my 50 year old aunt...

#51Skull007o_OPosted 11/8/2012 3:45:36 PM
Heavy Rain?
#52Devilman_AmonPosted 11/8/2012 3:48:27 PM(edited)
archizzy posted...
Age really isn't the issue.

One of Japan's most famous actresses is a devout Dragon Quest fan. She is in her 80's.

Though she did publically make it known that she was annoyed that Dragon Quest X became an MMO

Also there's Robin Williams and his daughter "Zelda" that game. (particually Legend of Zelda games of course)
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#53InfiniteFantasyPosted 11/8/2012 4:25:30 PM
Start a Master Ninja difficulty on Ninja Gaiden 2 and give the controller to her.Yes do that,seriously.
---
http://s8.postimage.org/a7375cttx/132312312321.png
#54GuitaristMattPosted 11/8/2012 4:40:20 PM
ElBorak77 posted...
50 is not old.

50 is old for a lot of people, though I have a 50 year old aunt and she definitely isn't old yet.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#55jaygoodPosted 11/8/2012 4:42:48 PM
silly_sausage posted...
LA Noire? I don't know, my mum's right into all that kinda old-timey crime stuff, like the Black Dahlia thing.

I like this idea.
---
Currently playing:Borderlands 2 (PS3)
GT/PSN: Quadrunner76
#56cymanxPosted 11/8/2012 5:47:50 PM
MourningReigns posted...
cymanx posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
You have CoD coming out on Tuesday, start on that.

Yeah, starte her up on a game that is completely lacking of taste and style, that makes sense. Seriously, go back to the corner with the rest of the Call of Duty fans.

I didn't know we had a girl gamer in this thread.

Let me ask you one thing. If you were looking for advice to buy a car, and you had to either ask the guy driving the PT Cruiser, the guy driving the Prius, or the guy driving the Jaguar... Which car owner would ask out of the three? If I want to play a FPS, I'd easily choose the Half-Life franchise over the Call of Duty franchise. Half-Life offers me what I value the most, style and taste. I'm sorry, but call of duty is old and boring... And frankly speaking, I could think of a dozen first person shooters to recommend to a fifty year old gamer over Call of Duty any day of the week. If you think that guys should never have style and taste, then you must live a very narrow existence. And besides, Call of Duty is a kid's game. If you want a man's game, play Half-Life. It has a unique story, enough mods to make it truly spectacular, and fun weapons!
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#57ColorfulColorsPosted 11/8/2012 5:49:35 PM
You're lucky. My Aunt thought the Playstation was an expensive sex toy.
---
Appearently to Linetrix, I'm a female raging kid who can't speak English but can speak English. Riiiiiiight. sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
#58RayconPosted 11/8/2012 5:51:04 PM
Aarosmashguy27 posted...
Dead Space.

XD
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#59MourningReignsPosted 11/8/2012 5:52:45 PM
cymanx posted...
MourningReigns posted...
cymanx posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...

Yeah, starte her up on a game that is completely lacking of taste and style, that makes sense. Seriously, go back to the corner with the rest of the Call of Duty fans.

Let me ask you one thing. If you were looking for advice to buy a car, and you had to either ask the guy driving the PT Cruiser, the guy driving the Prius, or the guy driving the Jaguar... Which car owner would ask out of the three? If I want to play a FPS, I'd easily choose the Half-Life franchise over the Call of Duty franchise. Half-Life offers me what I value the most, style and taste. I'm sorry, but call of duty is old and boring... And frankly speaking, I could think of a dozen first person shooters to recommend to a fifty year old gamer over Call of Duty any day of the week. If you think that guys should never have style and taste, then you must live a very narrow existence. And besides, Call of Duty is a kid's game. If you want a man's game, play Half-Life. It has a unique story, enough mods to make it truly spectacular, and fun weapons!

Yep, because you're expecting a person who's never played games to get into pc gaming, mods, and all that stuff.

CoD is accessible to anyone, it's easy to pick up and learn how to play and gives anyone a chance to be good.

That said, still not a game for someone that has never played, but it's not because it "lacks style or taste." It's because if someone isn't used to playing games, they aren't going to be ready for a fast playing experience. They aren't adept at using a controller that way.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#60jubjub360Posted 11/8/2012 5:54:56 PM
cymanx posted...
MourningReigns posted...
cymanx posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...

Wow man what's your problem? You make gamers look bad. CoD would be pretty good to start her out on. It's a very simple game and she's probably never played a game. This isn't about you so shut up.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!