This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V's world is bigger than RDR, GTA: San Andreas, and GTA IV combined

#21RemakeMePosted 11/8/2012 1:04:44 PM
i hope franklin is a young guy so we can bmx and skateboard without restraints.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#22PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 1:17:44 PM
MrMikeMa posted...
i'll just wait for Yakuza 5 to be localized.

Because it's Japanese right?
---
PSVita & 3DS
#23silly_sausagePosted 11/8/2012 1:18:30 PM
From the article:

"- There will be a "vibrant and fun" economy, but you won't be able to buy property."

That's kinda disappointing. I know it was an ultimately pointless feature, but I kinda liked the idea of starting out at the bottom, on a dirty mattress in a dingy apartment, and working your way up to buying and living in mansions. But it seems like they're going for a more grounded approach this time, which is cool, I guess.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#24RemakeMePosted 11/8/2012 1:19:22 PM
still kinda sucky that it's just Los Santos and it's outside areas but no Las Vegas, or San Francisco
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#25keatonisballinPosted 11/8/2012 1:25:44 PM
How is Los Santos in this game, gonna be bigger than LS, SF and LV combined from San Andreas, plus 2 other game worlds? That doesn't even make sense.

I'm stoked to hear the world will be that large. But it better not be all boring ass drab city like 4. I want the country, forests etc too.
---
http://tinyurl.com/9xkt9ek
#26gtaking5Posted 11/8/2012 1:30:37 PM
The character switching stuff sounds brilliant. You can switch between the three guys at will (presumably not during missions), and the camera will zoom out Google Earth style and find whomever you want to play as. They even made a small mention about playing as both protagonists and antagonists; can't imagine how that would even work, but I'm sure it'll end up great.

No you can switch during missions. The mission they demoed has all three characters working together. During the first half you can only switch between Michael and Trevor, with Trevor doing some sniping, and Michael repelling into the building to kidnap someone. During the second half you can switch between all three, Franklin flying the helicopter used for escape, Michael shooting a rifle out of the helicopter, or Trevor sniping. Finally glad to see we wont be the ones doing the driving all the time now.

Oh and when not playing as the other two people, they go about doing their own thing. They started off as Michael, and when they switched to Trevor he was taking a massive s*** in his trailer, and saying that he would need a midwife. After that ordeal they take him out in his truck, drive by a store I believe, get out, pickup a gas canister, and start pouring it around a car and leading a trail away, then setting it on fire with his Zippo lighter.

GTA V will be the best GTA game ever. Guaranteed.

Also they better confirm online coop. As it would work so well.

How is Los Santos in this game, gonna be bigger than LS, SF and LV combined from San Andreas, plus 2 other game worlds? That doesn't even make sense.

I'm stoked to hear the world will be that large. But it better not be all boring ass drab city like 4. I want the country, forests etc too.

Because Los Angeles is the biggest city in the world(size wise). Los Santos will be massive, and the surrounding countryside and underwater parts will also be massive. And because of Scuba diving I have a feeling there will be hidden packages scattered around the ocean floor.
---
#NTN
#27HakaiVeilPosted 11/8/2012 1:31:46 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
MrMikeMa posted...
i'll just wait for Yakuza 5 to be localized.

Because it's Japanese right?

Because it is better.

All GTA5 is sounding like right now is the most boring experience in gaming since Skyrim.
#28jubjub360Posted 11/8/2012 1:32:41 PM
Because Los Angeles is the biggest city in the world(size wise). Los Santos will be massive, and the surrounding countryside and underwater parts will also be massive. And because of Scuba diving I have a feeling there will be hidden packages scattered around the ocean floor.

Lol no.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
#29gtaking5Posted 11/8/2012 1:36:27 PM

Lol no.

I said size wise bud. Not population. The Los Angeles county is f***ing massive. 10,000ish KMsq. And don't talk without actually reading the article, because in the GI article they clearly say that LA is the largest city in terms of land mass.
---
I gotta know if you're the one that got away
Even though it was never meant to be
#30melvinmelon123Posted 11/8/2012 1:37:27 PM
It ain't no daggerfall