This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V's world is bigger than RDR, GTA: San Andreas, and GTA IV combined

#31jubjub360Posted 11/8/2012 1:38:11 PM(edited)
gtaking5 posted...
Because Los Angeles is the biggest city in the world(size wise). Los Santos will be massive, and the surrounding countryside and underwater parts will also be massive. And because of Scuba diving I have a feeling there will be hidden packages scattered around the ocean floor.

Lol no.

I said size wise bud. Not population. The Los Angeles county is f***ing massive. 10,000ish KMsq. And don't talk without actually reading the article, because in the GI article they clearly say that LA is the largest city in terms of land mass.

I know you size wise pal. I said lol no. And even funnier that I'm supposed to listen to a game magazine and believe it as fact.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
#32MrMikeMaPosted 11/8/2012 1:38:46 PM

Because it's better
All GTA5 is sounding like right now is the most boring experience in gaming since Skyrim.

Yeah, you beat me to my reply.

I read all the bullet points and I really thought - wow, this kinda sounds boring.

The mini-games in Yakuza put GTA to shame. You'd be crazy to disagree. GTA may have a larger map, but, yeah. I would also argue the story in Yakuza is more interesting than random GTA thugs.

I'm not interested in seeing how Rockstar handles the writing for a criminal who actually has a son. I can see him being a loving father in one scene, to gunning down innocent mothers and father in another scene.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#33HakaiVeilPosted 11/8/2012 1:41:14 PM
MrMikeMa posted...

Because it's better
All GTA5 is sounding like right now is the most boring experience in gaming since Skyrim.

Yeah, you beat me to my reply.

I read all the bullet points and I really thought - wow, this kinda sounds boring.

The mini-games in Yakuza put GTA to shame. You'd be crazy to disagree. GTA may have a larger map, but, yeah. I would also argue the story in Yakuza is more interesting than random GTA thugs.

I'm not interested in seeing how Rockstar handles the writing for a criminal who actually has a son. I can see him being a loving father in one scene, to gunning down innocent mothers and father in another scene.

Have you seen the new things in Yakuza 5?!

We have like a fully-fleshed out pop idol minigame with Haruka. Kaz seems to have a hunting game that looks far better than anything Cabela's has done. I hear Shu has a dance minigame (YES!!!!!). We appear to have a baseball thing with the new guy.

I mean, god effing DAMN. Minigames were always fun in Yak games, but 5 is going Hulk on this ****.
#34SophisticationPosted 11/8/2012 1:41:20 PM
So... this means nothing. A massive world with nothing to do is pointless. Gta4 had a smallish map and there wasn't jack to do... imagine an even bigger blank canvas of nothing and boredom. No thanks. Sleeping Dogs has raised the quality bar. They brought the uncharted experience to open world sandbox.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#35MrMikeMaPosted 11/8/2012 1:44:28 PM
^^

why, yes I have. I'm just so glad they have FINALLY updated the game engine. Battles will no longer require load times. I was sold on that alone, let alone the new activities and mini-games.

GTA will really have to step up to impress me. I've been sick of the formula for a LONG time,and GTA IV's focus on realism bored the heck out of me. Hated Niko and his cousin/friends, too. Red Dead Redemption was good, but even that started to wear thin by the end. Mexico was boring as hell, but at least I love how the game ended. I will give Rockstar credit for that, as well as the zombie DLC. Had a lot fo fun with it.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#36HakaiVeilPosted 11/8/2012 1:45:24 PM
MrMikeMa posted...
^^

why, yes I have. I'm just so glad they have FINALLY updated the game engine. Battles will no longer require load times. I was sold on that alone, let alone the new activities and mini-games.

GTA will really have to step up to impress me. I've been sick of the formula for a LONG time,and GTA IV's focus on realism bored the heck out of me. Hated Niko and his cousin/friends, too. Red Dead Redemption was good, but even that started to wear thin by the end. Mexico was boring as hell, but at least I love how the game ended. I will give Rockstar credit for that, as well as the zombie DLC. Had a lot fo fun with it.

All Yak 5 needs is the DRAGON HEAT arena from Black Panther.

Or rather, Sega needs to pull their head out and bring over Black Panther 1-2 and Kenzan.
#37Bestia_SomniaPosted 11/8/2012 1:47:51 PM
I'm sceptical about this. I can't see the world being so big, with such amazing graphics and still retaining decent load times & draw distance. This sounds like a next-gen title to be honest. I remember when Rockstar were glorifying the online freeroam multiplayer on RDR, but it turned out to be a snoozefest where you just aimlessly wander around with nothing to really do.
#38WantedOutlawPosted 11/8/2012 1:49:41 PM
Just reading that it really sounds like they've made the series FUN again. If it was going to be a boring piece of s*** like GTA IV I would have passed. There seems to be a hell of a lot of different land, sea and air vehicles this time. A jet fighter? Hell yeah.
I don't want to get my hopes up since GTA IV ended up being my biggest disappointment this gen but it really does seem to be shaping up well after reading this. I hope the soundtrack is good this time like it was on the PS2 games.

GTA IV's romance feature has been removed.

+1

Like in GTA IV, players can make friends and hang out with certain NPCs, including Michael's wife Amanda and son Jimmy, Franklin's "crazy friend" Lamar, and Trevor's mate Ron.

If they're calling you every 5 minutes to hang out like they did in GTA IV, then big time -100

They should let us murder Niko in this game. Kill off the worst character in gaming history. That would be awesome.
#39PolishCockatielPosted 11/8/2012 1:55:22 PM
I have a gaming erection.
#40Arin_ApokolipsPosted 11/8/2012 2:23:40 PM
Day 1 purchase for sure.
---
The world is your playground.