This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V's world is bigger than RDR, GTA: San Andreas, and GTA IV combined

#41mogar002Posted 11/8/2012 2:26:46 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#42cordsmanPosted 11/8/2012 2:30:41 PM
gr0mkakm0rg posted...
Will the cars still drive like they're on ice covered with oil?
Will I only be allowed 2 pre-mapped controls schemes, both of which suck?
Will I still get phone calls every five minutes from some clown who gets depressed if I don't hang out?

I found GTA IV barely playable due to those flaws. Doesn't matter how big the map is, if the game is fundamentally flawed at the game engine, control scheme and story levels it's not worth purchasing.

No, Houser said the cars stick to the ground more and won't feel as boaty. He also said you won't be getting calls from friends like you did in IV.
---
"A man chooses... a slave obeys. Kill!" - Andrew Ryan
PSN: BigDaddyFatso
#43ElectricMolePosted 11/8/2012 2:31:48 PM
my pants just fell to the ground when I read that list of GTAV details
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#44cordsmanPosted 11/8/2012 2:34:35 PM
ElectricMole posted...
my pants just fell to the ground when I read that list of GTAV details

My pants felt smaller...
---
"A man chooses... a slave obeys. Kill!" - Andrew Ryan
PSN: BigDaddyFatso
#45Pazuzu310Posted 11/8/2012 2:37:47 PM
Apparently I was the only one who liked the driving in GTAIV.
#46nclrwntrPosted 11/8/2012 2:38:08 PM
gr0mkakm0rg posted...
Will the cars still drive like they're on ice covered with oil?
Will I only be allowed 2 pre-mapped controls schemes, both of which suck?
Will I still get phone calls every five minutes from some clown who gets depressed if I don't hang out?

I found GTA IV barely playable due to those flaws. Doesn't matter how big the map is, if the game is fundamentally flawed at the game engine, control scheme and story levels it's not worth purchasing.

Exactly how I felt. Doesn't matter if the world is big. Just makes all those, "drive there, pickup someone, drive over there, drive back" missions all the more tedious. Or my favourite, "I know you're on the most southwest part of the map and I could just TELL you what to do on your next mission, but I'd rather you drive all the way to the northeast part of the map to get your mission details, and then I'll have you drive back to where you currently are, just because."
#47Dragonfable101Posted 11/8/2012 3:15:42 PM
Well fk that.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#48RemakeMePosted 11/8/2012 3:20:00 PM
I just hope the world isnt lifeless with boring simulation type mini games, yoga? wtf? never dig the bowling, darts, bs games in GTA4.

I just hope they include Fight Club, and maybe some drugs that give a RDR - dead eye type element.

I also hate you can't buy properties, i love buying properties and getting my saved vehicles and weapons cache. I also like how i buy all the properties and collect steady revenue and i start owning the entire city. It gives replay value and something to do other than "shooting" birds and collecting "packages"
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#49godumbPosted 11/8/2012 3:23:10 PM
Pedestrians are fully mo-capped

what does mo-capped means?
---
Oakland Raiders
Golden State Warriors
#50jubjub360Posted 11/8/2012 3:23:47 PM
godumb posted...
Pedestrians are fully mo-capped

what does mo-capped means?

mo=Motion
Capped= Captured.