This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WHat if they made a World War Z PS3 video game?

#21thesnoopmeisterPosted 11/10/2012 12:47:01 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Raycon posted...
Not a fan of sprinting zombies. The trailer makes them look to be no more than cannon fodder for high-powered machine guns.

I'm much more fond of the subtlety that usually comes with the slow-moving zombies.

Wouldn't slow moving zombies be easier cannon fodder for high powered machine guns?

Precisely why I don't care for the shufflers. What they gonna do? Walk after me very slowly?
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
Need help with account deletion - experts feel free to msg me assistance
#22RayconPosted 11/10/2012 12:54:47 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Raycon posted...
Not a fan of sprinting zombies. The trailer makes them look to be no more than cannon fodder for high-powered machine guns.

I'm much more fond of the subtlety that usually comes with the slow-moving zombies.

Wouldn't slow moving zombies be easier cannon fodder for high powered machine guns?

Sorry, my comment was directed toward the trailer, where all they seem to be good for is getting mowed down by the thousands. The same could happen to slow-moving zombies, but it rarely does due to the difference style such films tend to take.

thesnoopmeister posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Raycon posted...

Precisely why I don't care for the shufflers. What they gonna do? Walk after me very slowly?

In my experience, movies with slow zombies have much greater emphasis on subtlety rather than in-your-face action, which is what I prefer. When you get down to it, shufflers aren't directly more dangerous. Their danger comes from their numbers (which sprinters may also have), and the false sense of security you're displaying right now.

Shufflers are scary because you don't expect them to be dangerous until they are, and most films around that idea are much better at conveying that scenario. But as I said, that's just my preference.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#23thesnoopmeisterPosted 11/10/2012 1:01:21 PM
28 Days Later brought me over to sprinters, and the pile of crap that was Land of the Dead sealed that preference for me.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
Need help with account deletion - experts feel free to msg me assistance
#24Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 1:03:45 PM
Raycon posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Raycon posted...

Sorry, my comment was directed toward the trailer, where all they seem to be good for is getting mowed down by the thousands. The same could happen to slow-moving zombies, but it rarely does due to the difference style such films tend to take.

What are you going to do when you don't have the luxury of the back up of dozens of military helicopters with high powered machine guns to mow them down and you're isolated on foot with limited weapons? Much easier to run away from a slow moving enemy than a fast moving one.
The other movies make the experience seem more dire because they often have them trapped in situational circumstances and also making the victims really dumb in terms of survival instincts and logical thinking...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#25RayconPosted 11/10/2012 1:25:00 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...

What are you going to do when you don't have the luxury of the back up of dozens of military helicopters with high powered machine guns to mow them down and you're isolated on foot with limited weapons? Much easier to run away from a slow moving enemy than a fast moving one.

True, but as I said, I prefer the approach slow-zombie films seem to take. It's easy to just throw zombies in your face (as most "fast-zombie" movies seem to do), but I'm more fond of the style and subtlety you see in slow-zombie films. The latter style tends to be much more frightening, in my opinion.

There's something infinitely more frightening about the thought of something out there somewhere in the world, possibly coming your way and never knowing it, than picking off sprinting zombies left and right followed by a crazy car chase. One is just usually more geared toward action than the other, and that's what I dislike.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#26ArmedRebellionPosted 11/12/2012 4:23:02 PM
Yeah, slow moving hoards of zombies are more in the horror genre, with heavy emphasis on post-apocalyptic survival, which would be hard enough by itself. But then you have the hoards upon hoards of creatures that want to eat you, that never tire, and can only be killed by severe head injury.

Sprinting zombies is more in the action genre, with the whole post-apocalyptic element of it being more of a secondary backdrop than an actual plot issue. it's all about killing zombies, as many and as quickly as you can, rather than actual running and surviving.

So it's a completely different animal.
---
"Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry
http://i50.tinypic.com/34h6pas.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/23l7xx.jpg