This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think it'd be cool if the PS4 had a tablet controllers like the WiiU?

#41riddlebox89Posted 11/9/2012 9:17:49 PM
NewShire posted...
IMO, it'd be great if such a bad idea was exclusive to the Wii.

Fixed, the WiiU's controller is ass.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#42MelvinX93Posted 11/9/2012 10:10:12 PM
Hell No.
I don't want to see the bayonetta controls for the WiiU. It's on the Ps3 and in the hectic action I sometimes press the wrong buttons XD

And dont say "hurr you can use the .... controller". No, you shouldn't NEED to buy another controller to enjoy a game just because the original controller plays like balls.

A pad is an obvious ripoff of the Apple product. Nintendo needs to stop shoving the unwanted motion and now "touch" crazyness into games and just make Great Games that play well with a controller. The gamecube and ps2 had amazing hits and none of them used any of those gimmicks.
---
PSN: MxWhiteKnight
#43themegaman7Posted 11/9/2012 10:21:12 PM
It'd be ths bee's knees certainly!

Not really though, I already hate touch screen controls on the DS. It made both of the Zelda games borderline unplayable and kept Infinite Space from being a masterpiece.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#44plasticman13Posted 11/9/2012 10:26:07 PM
No. Though I would like them to change the design of the Dualshock.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#45VoxwikPosted 11/9/2012 10:33:57 PM(edited)
MelvinX93 posted...
Hell No.
I don't want to see the bayonetta controls for the WiiU. It's on the Ps3 and in the hectic action I sometimes press the wrong buttons XD

And dont say "hurr you can use the .... controller". No, you shouldn't NEED to buy another controller to enjoy a game just because the original controller plays like balls.

A pad is an obvious ripoff of the Apple product. Nintendo needs to stop shoving the unwanted motion and now "touch" crazyness into games and just make Great Games that play well with a controller. The gamecube and ps2 had amazing hits and none of them used any of those gimmicks.

You seem unaware that the "tablet" controller has all of the buttons of the other one? It doesn't lack anything. It just adds a touch screen in the middle, and I have yet to read about people that actually used it thinking it's unwieldy.

Depending on the price yeah I'd like to see this become the norm. It reminds me of those old Intellivision things where you could put a plastic cover over the buttons to make it custom for each game, only of course far more functional than that was.

I'm not sure why some of the comments here seem to suggest that this controller is in some way inferior to a standard controller. It is a standard controller, just with a screen in the middle.

At the least, it could minimize the time needed to open inventory screens and such, because all of that control could just be on the controller itself.
#46MelvinX93Posted 11/9/2012 10:50:59 PM
Voxwik posted...
MelvinX93 posted...
Hell No.

You seem unaware that the "tablet" controller has all of the buttons of the other one? It doesn't lack anything. It just adds a touch screen in the middle, and I have yet to read about people that actually used it thinking it's unwieldy.

Depending on the price yeah I'd like to see this become the norm. It reminds me of those old Intellivision things where you could put a plastic cover over the buttons to make it custom for each game, only of course far more functional than that was.

I'm not sure why some of the comments here seem to suggest that this controller is in some way inferior to a standard controller. It is a standard controller, just with a screen in the middle.

At the least, it could minimize the time needed to open inventory screens and such, because all of that control could just be on the controller itself.

1. The controller doesn't seem to have a comfortable grip, its just "holding" a pad.
2. Multiplayer games (especially the ones that use WiiU controllers only) will need you to have another pad. (That controller does not look cheap at all.) And sure you can use old controllers but... that just shows, its all a gimmick, since if you can use a more comfortable controller you would.
3. And let's be honest, Inventory screens are not that bad, only ones that are "bad" are the fallout ones because of the slowdowns but that I recall that's the only one.
---
PSN: MxWhiteKnight
#47VIIVincentPosted 11/9/2012 11:21:39 PM
No.
the Dualshock should stay as it is. as old as it is, its done its job perfectly after all these years.

another screen while i have the tv on.... unless its a DS/DSLite/DSi/3DS then its just in the way. i mean, how much more will you kill your eyes?! not to mention, the graphics will be rendered down on the controller AND its gonna the most expensive controller we will ever see as of yet.

for a tablet to have buttons outside of the touch screen would work wonders for certain touch screen games. but the WiiU's main games are on the tv. touch screen wont take the gaming industry by storm so quit trying. they have cheap graphics, simple game play and have ads!

i've got a Wii... but guess which system i play more out of? unless the WiiU can prove me wrong and have amazing games (seriously, no offense but all these new marios SUCK) then the WiiU will look like a disappointment.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
psn: DragunSkullz
#48VindictivePacifistPosted 11/9/2012 11:29:34 PM
I wouldn't mind if they did but I would personally never use it.

All the things they are thinking up nowadays seem to detract from actually playing the game.
#49mcsmellingtonPosted 11/11/2012 5:56:57 AM
As someone else mentioned, I think they intend for Vita to be an optional tablet controller. They've already implemented cross controller, so you can play LBP2 on the PS3 with the Vita as the controller, I can only assume they'll make that feature more prominent.

That said, it's not a particularly useful function, and it's not a substitute for the Wii U's controller as you need to have two separate systems, one of which is extremely unpopular, for it to work.
---
GT: McPoo