This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bethesda and rockstar team up to make a continent wide free roamer

#1readyaimfailPosted 11/10/2012 6:42:44 AM
What have I just witnessed - Results (127 votes)
The best game ever
25.2% (32 votes)
Freedom
7.09% (9 votes)
Sceptical
22.83% (29 votes)
Not particularly fond
16.54% (21 votes)
Fine as long as bethesda don't develop for ps3
28.35% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
S anyone buy into something like this?
---
-_-
#2JahkeemyorkPosted 11/10/2012 6:48:53 AM
Wouldn't be on this Gen, Rockstar makes smaller areas then Bethesda but their game is teeming with active life 24/7

Where Bethesda makes huuuge areas, and they are beautiful and lively nature wise, but when it comes to the amount of things going on at once on the screen it's not so much.

Those two mixing both of those together and it'll have to be a PC Only game until next gen.
#3DarknessXSeekerPosted 11/10/2012 6:50:06 AM
Condsidering that I DESPISE Rockstar and I don't like Bethseda for making Skyrim I would say, that I would not be intersted at all.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#4shads3055Posted 11/10/2012 9:52:30 AM
that would be funny, walking around down town or a nice quite town of homes, and u have full medevil old swords and stuff gear on.
#5HakaiVeilPosted 11/10/2012 9:53:16 AM
I'd sooner just take a walk in the real world. I'd find more interesting things to do.
#6hockeybub89Posted 11/10/2012 9:57:09 AM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
Condsidering that I DESPISE Rockstar and I don't like Bethseda for making Skyrim I would say, that I would not be intersted at all.

I despise you.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#7MourningReignsPosted 11/10/2012 9:58:55 AM
Rockstar doesn't need Bethesda. They could do it on their own and make it run on the PS3.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#8xenosaga123Posted 11/10/2012 10:00:37 AM
Rockstar is too sexist. They should first plan to support playable female characters and deeep character creation like TES V SKYRIM or better. Also depending on the scenario, a continent wide free roamer would be boring if it's based on Earth, modern or old fashioned setting. and post apoc like Fallout has already been done before. It seems like no western developers care to design wonderful and interesting utopian futuristic cities with flying cars and stuff. Like Xenosaga 3 cities instead of something lame like gritty Blade Runner cities. there's too much grittiness in western videogames.
#9EoinPosted 11/10/2012 10:58:33 AM
I can barely believe anyone thinks that a "continent wide" game would be good. It's like they wrongly believe that the bigger a game is, the better it automatically is.

A game world the size of a continent would be too big. Either everything would be procedurally generated and essentially the same few settings over and over again, or everything would be copied/pasted and actually the same thing over and over again. Does anyone really think it'd be fun to walk for days between villages or towns? To spend hours getting from one side of a city to the other?

In fact, "too big" is a considerable understatement. How gigantic an understatement depends on what size you assume a "continent" is. Skyrim, for example, is about 40 square kilometres in size. Europe is about 10 million square kilometres. North America is about 24m km^2. Asia (44m km^2) is about a million times bigger than Skyrim.
#10ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/10/2012 11:15:40 AM
Bethesda is a godawful developer, so I wouldn't be interested in the slightest.