This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Sont want PSABR to flop?

#1Finally_Im_BackPosted 11/10/2012 10:17:46 AM
I have yet to see one commercial for it yet. I remember being young and seeing the commercial for SSB where they are skipping down the lane n then someone trips someone and then its an all out fight. Greatest commercial ever
#2MourningReignsPosted 11/10/2012 10:23:09 AM(edited)
The people that watch TV and see the commercial would think it's a Smash Brothers Brawl commercial and would go out and buy that game instead.

It's smart for Sony not to advertise it so Nintendo doesn't get a boost in sales.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#3JahkeemyorkPosted 11/10/2012 10:25:03 AM
MourningReigns posted...
The people that watch TV and see the commercial would think it's a Smash Brothers Brawl commercial and would go out and buy that game instead.

It's smart for Sony not to advertise it so Nintendo doesn't get a boost in sales.

ummmm What
#4ManuKesnaPosted 11/10/2012 10:29:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Banjo2553Posted 11/10/2012 10:32:36 AM
Another MourningReigns post, it seems.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#6Sidewinder1386Posted 11/10/2012 10:33:47 AM
You'd be surprised at the stupidity of people. I can picture a mother going to the store to get the game for the kid only remember a single detail about the game and not even realizing what console she bought for her kid.

Mom: Do you have that game where all the guys from different games fight?
Clerk: You must mean Super Smash Bros.
Mom: That must be it.
---
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: Sidewinder1386
FFXI Name: Sidewind Server: Phoenix
#7MourningReignsPosted 11/10/2012 10:49:21 AM(edited)
Sidewinder1386 posted...
You'd be surprised at the stupidity of people. I can picture a mother going to the store to get the game for the kid only remember a single detail about the game and not even realizing what console she bought for her kid.

Exactly. The majority of people that see the commercials aren't gamers. People just take my initial response as, "HE HATES SONY!" when it's the truth.

If parents or a non gamer goes in and asks for this type of game, the majority are going to be sent towards Smash Brothers.

It's funny how this board thinks they are the majority in the gamer world.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#8Finally_Im_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 10:48:48 AM
Sidewinder1386 posted...

So do you think its better for the kid to not even know about the game at all?
#9ManuKesnaPosted 11/10/2012 10:57:37 AM
Aaww mourning got sore and reported me :( sucks that you cant handle the truth bro
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#10Finally_Im_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 10:58:24 AM
MourningReigns posted...
Sidewinder1386 posted...

Exactly. The majority of people that see the commercials aren't gamers. People just take my initial response as, "HE HATES SONY!" when it's the truth.

If parents or a non gamer goes in and asks for this type of game, the majority are going to be sent towards Smash Brothers.

It's funny how this board thinks they are the majority in the gamer world.

Once again.....do you think it's better to lose a few sales to Brawl and at least get your game out there for people to see. Or is it better to get to exposure at all.