This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Sont want PSABR to flop?

#11MourningReignsPosted 11/10/2012 11:58:39 AM
ManuKesna posted...
Aaww mourning got sore and reported me :( sucks that you cant handle the truth bro

I never even saw your reply. I don't report people on here, I don't care enough to report people.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#12MourningReignsPosted 11/10/2012 11:59:48 AM
Finally_Im_Back posted...
MourningReigns posted...
Sidewinder1386 posted...
You'd be surprised at the stupidity of people. I can picture a mother going to the store to get the game for the kid only remember a single detail about the game and not even realizing what console she bought for her kid.

Mom: Do you have that game where all the guys from different games fight?
Clerk: You must mean Super Smash Bros.
Mom: That must be it.

Exactly. The majority of people that see the commercials aren't gamers. People just take my initial response as, "HE HATES SONY!" when it's the truth.

If parents or a non gamer goes in and asks for this type of game, the majority are going to be sent towards Smash Brothers.

It's funny how this board thinks they are the majority in the gamer world.

Once again.....do you think it's better to lose a few sales to Brawl and at least get your game out there for people to see. Or is it better to get to exposure at all.

A better question is, when have you EVER seen Sony put out a major marketing campaign for a game?

The closet was Uncharted, and that's because it was Subway commercials.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#13Sidewinder1386Posted 11/10/2012 11:59:51 AM
Sidewinder1386 posted...
You'd be surprised at the stupidity of people. I can picture a mother going to the store to get the game for the kid only remember a single detail about the game and not even realizing what console she bought for her kid.

So do you think its better for the kid to not even know about the game at all?

I'm not saying that...the kid will probably know about the game from the internet. He'll probably tell his mother about it. She may or may not see the commercial but regardless I don't think the commercial would help much and she'll only remember something about a bunch of characters fighting. It's not the type of commercial a lot of people would let sink in since its more directed towards younger people. They would have to repeat the name of the game as many times as possible in the commercial for most people to actually remember it. It's like this one commercial I kept hearing during election season for Shmuley Boteach. If you can find the commercial I'm talking about, that's the only reason I remembered this guy's name.
---
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: Sidewinder1386
FFXI Name: Sidewind Server: Phoenix
#14demonfang178Posted 11/10/2012 1:09:55 PM
MourningReigns posted...
Finally_Im_Back posted...
MourningReigns posted...
Sidewinder1386 posted...

Exactly. The majority of people that see the commercials aren't gamers. People just take my initial response as, "HE HATES SONY!" when it's the truth.

If parents or a non gamer goes in and asks for this type of game, the majority are going to be sent towards Smash Brothers.

It's funny how this board thinks they are the majority in the gamer world.

Once again.....do you think it's better to lose a few sales to Brawl and at least get your game out there for people to see. Or is it better to get to exposure at all.

A better question is, when have you EVER seen Sony put out a major marketing campaign for a game?

The closet was Uncharted, and that's because it was Subway commercials.

Plenty of times. Pretty much for all their IPs and then there are commercials where a bunch of them are just shooting the **** and talking about Michael. Whether or not you want to call that "major marketing" is debateable, but you at least see marketing.
#15Elswood2112Posted 11/10/2012 1:12:10 PM
the only commercials I see lately are LBP karting and NFS most wanted. everything else is pretty much all youtube commercials... not sure why they are doing so much internet advertising because it doesn't seem like its working.
---
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori
#16badnewsliarPosted 11/10/2012 1:18:01 PM
I was going to say that I haven't even seen a LBP Karting commercial yet, or a Battle Royal spot. Sony is bad at marketing exclusives, but I can agree with Morning in a way. Parents will see it and think it's Smash Bros, or the clerk will think they mean that. On the other hand, many people buying it would know what console the child/teen has.
---
http://gifsoup.com/view4/1086479/alex-wright-dancing-o.gif
#17BeatItUpRightPosted 11/10/2012 1:20:02 PM
This game is for fanboys/people with nostalgia.

They already know about the game, why market to the mass population who have no interest?
---
Intel Pentium Pro @155mhz - 2MB 3dfx Voodoo Graphics - 4x 16MB SIMM ram - 32k Modem - Windows 98
#18majin nemesisPosted 11/10/2012 1:46:51 PM
MourningReigns posted...
The people that watch TV and see the commercial would think it's a Smash Brothers Brawl commercial and would go out and buy that game instead.

It's smart for Sony not to advertise it so Nintendo doesn't get a boost in sales.

lol good one
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#19Mister_VanillaPosted 11/10/2012 1:56:30 PM
MourningReigns posted...
The people that watch TV and see the commercial would think it's a Smash Brothers Brawl commercial and would go out and buy that game instead.

It's smart for Sony not to advertise it so Nintendo doesn't get a boost in sales.

Yeah, that makes no sense.

By that logic, there wouldnt be advertisements for cars, just in cas somebody...OOPS....buys a ford instead of a chevy.

People arent THAT dumb.