This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend a deep, mature JRPG for me.

#121Devilman_AmonPosted 11/11/2012 12:28:00 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Wait... why would you put Trinity in your queue?

Go play the demo and see just how godawful it is.

Its actually a good game and has a nice story
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#122darkranger94Posted 11/11/2012 12:32:20 AM
jim200 posted...
Oh yeah I forgot to say I read about Okami HD and I think I'll get it. 15 dollars for a full game is a steal. Yes I know it's a bit old but it's refreshed now.

I'll play Persona 3 FES and Persona 4. Are those on PSN?

Fes yes P4 No
#123Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 11/11/2012 12:32:54 AM
Xenoblade and the last story, best JRPGs this generation
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#124Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 11/11/2012 12:34:01 AM
Forgot lost Odyssey and Valkyria chonicles
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#125Still__RippinPosted 11/11/2012 12:45:03 AM
PoorCountry posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
jim200 posted...
I just started playing Tales of Graces F and got turned off by the cutesy stuff. I know it's a good game overall, I just don't like that kinda story.

What is good and has deep story like Xenogears/Xenoblade for PS3?

Sorry TC. Doesn't exist. I had high hopes for Ni No Kuni but it just looks like a 10 year olds cartoon show. I would have picked it up if the monsters you collected actually looked like monsters instead of beanie babies. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this statement of truth though.

I don't think anybody's expecting it to be deep and mature. But saying it has no value just because it looks like a 10 year old's cartoon show is stupid. Look at Winnie the Pooh:

http://wallpaper.avantzone.com/picture/winnie_the_pooh_cartoon_58_disney_Winnie_the_Pooh_wallpaper.jpg

This is pretty cool art. And that particular piece can be legitimately moving to an adult for its innocence, simplicity, and for what it presents as beauty: a view overlooking the forest and a twinkly sky.

http://catholiclane.com/wp-content/uploads/Winnie-the-Pooh.jpg

What is bad about looking like that?

When did l say it had no value? All l meant was if the game was delivered in a less child like manner that it would be enjoyable to me. And most likely a much broader audience as well.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2, Dishonored
#126D0tKomPosted 11/11/2012 12:46:12 AM
Shadow Hearts 2
---
IT'S S-U-P-E-R-C-A-L-I-F-R-A-G-I-L-I-S-T-I-C-E-X-P-I-A-L-I-D-O-C-I-O-U-S!
Got it memorized?
#127GooberSDPosted 11/11/2012 12:51:44 AM
Final Fantasy VII is a beautifully layered and strong JRPG. Arguably, the best of all time. People hate on it simply because it is good, and people always hate on things that are well made. (Haters gonna hate!) In my opinion, it's the best game ever, and that goes along with best JRPG. I'd recommend that.

Also, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete and its sequel, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete. Both are dark but have some light hearted moments. In my opinion, they're also the king pins of 2D JRPG's. The only hard part is finding them at affordable prices. They usually sell for around $300 American dollars on eBay and Amazon.

Also, any Final Fantasy before XIII.
#128Reginleif20Posted 11/11/2012 1:00:56 AM
GooberSD posted...
Final Fantasy VII is a beautifully layered and strong JRPG. Arguably, the best of all time. People hate on it simply because it is good, and people always hate on things that are well made. (Haters gonna hate!) In my opinion, it's the best game ever, and that goes along with best JRPG. I'd recommend that.

Also, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete and its sequel, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete. Both are dark but have some light hearted moments. In my opinion, they're also the king pins of 2D JRPG's. The only hard part is finding them at affordable prices. They usually sell for around $300 American dollars on eBay and Amazon.

Also, any Final Fantasy before XIII.

VII is hated because of its annoying fanboys
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#129gikosPosted 11/11/2012 1:24:48 AM
man Persona 1-2 is underrated a lot you guys only go for 3-4 sad guess not many played
P1 is kinda slow and the best in the series but is good and P2 is awesome if you like Lovecraft than P2 is for you
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#130exodiarkPosted 11/11/2012 2:40:39 AM(edited)
Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, Persona 4, and FFXII.

EDIT:
Forgot these:
- Shadow Hearts series (the game even laugh at itself, it's that deep and mature)

Unlike other JRPGs:
- the characters act normally and logically like most people would do, some of them are 3 dimensional.
- the world is fleshed out, believable, with proper history, cultures, factions, and politics.
- grey-ish morality, no bad guy, no good guy.

That's enough to guarantee "mature" rating for me :), since I normally play classic WRPGs for stories.