This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend a deep, mature JRPG for me.

#51RPG maniac87Posted 11/10/2012 8:23:11 PM
http://www.tenstones.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1518&d=1217897837

Reminds me a lot of NISA games. You should try one of those.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#52hedgylovePosted 11/10/2012 8:29:24 PM
Valkyrie Profile! It's a PS1 game, but it's really dark. I would definitely recommend a guide to get the good ending though.
---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#53Still__RippinPosted 11/10/2012 8:31:43 PM
jim200 posted...
I just started playing Tales of Graces F and got turned off by the cutesy stuff. I know it's a good game overall, I just don't like that kinda story.

What is good and has deep story like Xenogears/Xenoblade for PS3?

Sorry TC. Doesn't exist. I had high hopes for Ni No Kuni but it just looks like a 10 year olds cartoon show. I would have picked it up if the monsters you collected actually looked like monsters instead of beanie babies. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this statement of truth though.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2, Dishonored
#54Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/10/2012 8:33:09 PM
HakaiVeil posted...
Alltra posted...
You're not going to find one. For the most part, that style of game is lighthearted. It's rare as hell to find a Xenogears style story. Which is a shame, because the ones that are like Xenogears are some of the most amazing RPGs ever made.

*Cough*SMT*cough

Pretty much this. While some of the Shin Megami Tensei games can be goofy [Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army comes to mind] you have deeper, darker ones [Strange Journey] they all still have better stories then most of the JRPG's on the market. The Shin Megami Tensei games to me just have better characters and dialogue between them.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#55arcnovaPosted 11/10/2012 8:36:57 PM
shadow hearts
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#56guiltyslayerPosted 11/10/2012 8:43:13 PM(edited)
Since you're asking for a deep mature RPG on PS3, the only one I can think of is Nier. Maybe the 2 Souls games, but that's not the typical Japanese style some would be used to. Resonance of Fate may also be another choice.
#57hutchyhutchyPosted 11/10/2012 8:45:05 PM
Disgaea 4.
---
WHY THE **** DO I SEE DEAD PEOPLE WHERE THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE?
#58PoorCountryPosted 11/10/2012 8:53:21 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
jim200 posted...
I just started playing Tales of Graces F and got turned off by the cutesy stuff. I know it's a good game overall, I just don't like that kinda story.

What is good and has deep story like Xenogears/Xenoblade for PS3?

Sorry TC. Doesn't exist. I had high hopes for Ni No Kuni but it just looks like a 10 year olds cartoon show. I would have picked it up if the monsters you collected actually looked like monsters instead of beanie babies. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this statement of truth though.

I don't think anybody's expecting it to be deep and mature. But saying it has no value just because it looks like a 10 year old's cartoon show is stupid. Look at Winnie the Pooh:

http://wallpaper.avantzone.com/picture/winnie_the_pooh_cartoon_58_disney_Winnie_the_Pooh_wallpaper.jpg

This is pretty cool art. And that particular piece can be legitimately moving to an adult for its innocence, simplicity, and for what it presents as beauty: a view overlooking the forest and a twinkly sky.

http://catholiclane.com/wp-content/uploads/Winnie-the-Pooh.jpg

What is bad about looking like that?
#59SirLezdainPosted 11/10/2012 8:58:59 PM
Persona 3/4.
#60Devilman_AmonPosted 11/10/2012 9:00:18 PM
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Yakuza 3,4

Witcher 2 (PC.360)
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)