This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend a deep, mature JRPG for me.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Recommend a deep, mature JRPG for me.

User Info: RPG maniac87

RPG maniac87
4 years ago#51
http://www.tenstones.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1518&d=1217897837

Reminds me a lot of NISA games. You should try one of those.
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)

User Info: hedgylove

hedgylove
4 years ago#52
Valkyrie Profile! It's a PS1 game, but it's really dark. I would definitely recommend a guide to get the good ending though.
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12

User Info: Still__Rippin

Still__Rippin
4 years ago#53
jim200 posted...
I just started playing Tales of Graces F and got turned off by the cutesy stuff. I know it's a good game overall, I just don't like that kinda story.

What is good and has deep story like Xenogears/Xenoblade for PS3?

Sorry TC. Doesn't exist. I had high hopes for Ni No Kuni but it just looks like a 10 year olds cartoon show. I would have picked it up if the monsters you collected actually looked like monsters instead of beanie babies. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this statement of truth though.
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2, Dishonored

User Info: Video_Game_Czar

Video_Game_Czar
4 years ago#54
HakaiVeil posted...
Alltra posted...
You're not going to find one. For the most part, that style of game is lighthearted. It's rare as hell to find a Xenogears style story. Which is a shame, because the ones that are like Xenogears are some of the most amazing RPGs ever made.

*Cough*SMT*cough

Pretty much this. While some of the Shin Megami Tensei games can be goofy [Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army comes to mind] you have deeper, darker ones [Strange Journey] they all still have better stories then most of the JRPG's on the market. The Shin Megami Tensei games to me just have better characters and dialogue between them.
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar

User Info: arcnova

arcnova
4 years ago#55
shadow hearts
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610

User Info: guiltyslayer

guiltyslayer
4 years ago#56
Since you're asking for a deep mature RPG on PS3, the only one I can think of is Nier. Maybe the 2 Souls games, but that's not the typical Japanese style some would be used to. Resonance of Fate may also be another choice.

User Info: hutchyhutchy

hutchyhutchy
4 years ago#57
Disgaea 4.
WHY THE **** DO I SEE DEAD PEOPLE WHERE THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE?

User Info: PoorCountry

PoorCountry
4 years ago#58
Still__Rippin posted...
jim200 posted...
I just started playing Tales of Graces F and got turned off by the cutesy stuff. I know it's a good game overall, I just don't like that kinda story.

What is good and has deep story like Xenogears/Xenoblade for PS3?

Sorry TC. Doesn't exist. I had high hopes for Ni No Kuni but it just looks like a 10 year olds cartoon show. I would have picked it up if the monsters you collected actually looked like monsters instead of beanie babies. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this statement of truth though.

I don't think anybody's expecting it to be deep and mature. But saying it has no value just because it looks like a 10 year old's cartoon show is stupid. Look at Winnie the Pooh:

http://wallpaper.avantzone.com/picture/winnie_the_pooh_cartoon_58_disney_Winnie_the_Pooh_wallpaper.jpg

This is pretty cool art. And that particular piece can be legitimately moving to an adult for its innocence, simplicity, and for what it presents as beauty: a view overlooking the forest and a twinkly sky.

http://catholiclane.com/wp-content/uploads/Winnie-the-Pooh.jpg

What is bad about looking like that?

User Info: SirLezdain

SirLezdain
4 years ago#59
Persona 3/4.

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
4 years ago#60
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Yakuza 3,4

Witcher 2 (PC.360)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Recommend a deep, mature JRPG for me.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived