This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Sony is in a lot of trouble, especially for next gen

#31ThePuddingManPosted 11/10/2012 7:53:25 PM
Yeah, they'll end up in last place again next gen. Sad.
#32justinlynch3Posted 11/10/2012 7:54:58 PM
Ben__Affleck posted...
i've been saying it since the beginning of this gen. sony will be out of the console business by 2016. they'll either publish games on other platforms or completely sell off their gaming division entirely. the signs are all there and it sucks that i'll end up being right. too many blunders this gen, not enough innovation, too much copying others ideas and not willing to adapt to the changing times. ps4 will cost sony a ton of money, they'll sell it at a loss because they won't want to piss off consumers again and they'll continue to bleed money more and more. i also predict that Kaz steps down within a year of PS4's launch because sony stockholders will demand it.

Isn't the gaming division one of Sony's few money makers? Or has that changed?

Besides, we have no idea of the PS4 price. Sony is 2 for 1 at having very successful consoles. So it's a bit early to be talking **** about Sony dropping out of the console run, isn't it.
---
Mystic Forum - http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
NewGenerations - http://forum.newgenforums.net/topic/8090441/1/#new
#33darkness1018Posted 11/10/2012 7:59:05 PM
Ben__Affleck posted...
i've been saying it since the beginning of this gen. sony will be out of the console business by 2016. they'll either publish games on other platforms or completely sell off their gaming division entirely. the signs are all there and it sucks that i'll end up being right. too many blunders this gen, not enough innovation, too much copying others ideas and not willing to adapt to the changing times. ps4 will cost sony a ton of money, they'll sell it at a loss because they won't want to piss off consumers again and they'll continue to bleed money more and more. i also predict that Kaz steps down within a year of PS4's launch because sony stockholders will demand it.

Ummmm....no, that won't happen. Sony's the number 1 home system in Japan while the 360 is on major life support/almost dead over there. They're not going anywhere, neither is nintendo. If anyone xbox might be the 1st to go.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#34iTossSaladsPosted 11/10/2012 8:05:51 PM
darkness1018 posted...
Ben__Affleck posted...

Ummmm....no, that won't happen. Sony's the number 1 home system in Japan while the 360 is on major life support/almost dead over there. They're not going anywhere, neither is nintendo. If anyone xbox might be the 1st to go.

Japan isn't nearly as relevant as they once were. Xbox won't go anywhere. They're making tons of money. XBL alone is a cash cow for them as subscriptions go up and up. Nintendo won't go anywhere. HUGE fanbase there. The only one really having major financial problems is Sony. If anybody goes away next gen it'll be them, though I'm hoping they can pull through.
Sony needs to do two things to stay in the game. Release BEFORE the next Xbox and be priced around $350 or less.