This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats so appealing about ni no kuni?

#1DantechanPosted 11/10/2012 10:34:13 PM
I'm not hating on it, but I just don't know why everyone is excited for it. I played the DS version and it was....decent.
#2warrenmatsPosted 11/10/2012 10:41:53 PM
1. Studio Ghibli
2. Level 5

eh, the DS version was ok.
---
:D
#3danny5329Posted 11/10/2012 10:43:08 PM
1. Studio Ghibli
2. Pedophiles 5
#4gangster4lifeyoPosted 11/10/2012 10:47:30 PM
Dantechan posted...
I'm not hating on it, but I just don't know why everyone is excited for it. I played the DS version and it was....decent.

I love JRPGs and I don't get the hype either. I mean, it looks decent I guess, but it doesn't look like the absolutely fantastically amazing thing that people are making it out to be.
#5raigePosted 11/10/2012 10:53:04 PM
I wonder this myself. I've been a long time JRPG fan and Japanese game fan in general, but this game looks like some kiddy bull****.
#6SkiethXInnisPosted 11/10/2012 10:53:10 PM
warrenmats posted...
1. Studio Ghibli
2. Level 5

eh, the DS version was ok.

Nuff said......
---
"I won't give up till I say I want to give up!!!"
#7DrakillionPosted 11/10/2012 10:53:19 PM
The first two posts beat me to it. Also, Danny. I'm not sure about the whole Pedophile 5 thing. I'm thinking it's because of the Panther Ensemble? XD

Besides. I like the premise: A young boy who lost his mother who sets out on a journey to get her back. I can really relate to that because when I was a kid, my mom contracted dengue and she was sent to the hospital and stayed there for a week, and I was really scared.

As for the combat, it reminds me a bit of FF XII's combat. It's real-time but at the same time, it's turn based.

They had a huge booth of it in the anime expo and NO ONE was playing it. I played for an hour and a half, it was great. People probably got turned off by it due to its whimsical looking art.

Man, I have a feeling it might pull a Tales of Vesperia. A good game that nobody played :(
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#8userfrigginamePosted 11/10/2012 10:54:00 PM
Studio Ghibli. They've produced 17 feature films, 16 of which have received critical and financial success. So, of course there's gonna be some amount of hype for this game. It's no mystery.
#9FungusguyPosted 11/10/2012 10:56:12 PM
Because Ni No Kuni makes all other games look terrible. just watch this awesome gameplay video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rDjT8-YN8
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 11/10/2012 10:59:21 PM
Drakillion posted...

They had a huge booth of it in the anime expo and NO ONE was playing it. I played for an hour and a half, it was great. People probably got turned off by it due to its whimsical looking art.

---

If it isn't generic Moe style, most people aren't interested these days sadly. Individuality is lost.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)