This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is worse on game creators: buying a used game or illegally pirating a game

#441ThePatrickPosted 11/13/2012 12:31:28 PM
Matter of course, obvious answer

Pirating shows 0 support for the title anywhere.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#442TheTrueNubPosted 11/13/2012 12:40:27 PM
If everyone pirated, the developers get no money at all.

If everyone bought used games, the developers still get some money because they have to be used in the first place.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#443Chzrm3Posted 11/13/2012 12:49:31 PM
Pirating's worse, but both are extremely bad. Pirating ends up being worse solely because there's a break-down in the psyche where eventually a gamer doesn't feel like paying for anything. At least if a game is bought used, there's the chance that gamer will buy new in the future.
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#444KaliestoPosted 11/13/2012 2:06:45 PM(edited)
To people who hate used games with their silly ass logic that fails because they act like they how to run a business.

Kiss our ass and leave us alone.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#445ShinXaguraPosted 11/13/2012 2:18:25 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Once again, this is just a marketing smoke and mirrors 'pass the blame' effect publishers and developers are trying to do to shift the blame and causality of more expensive to make games this gen thanks to HD, in addition to not taking credit for bad games and justifying their shady DLC, online pass and "selling you an incomplete game" business practices this gen.

This
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#446AlphrinPosted 11/13/2012 3:26:21 PM
Pirating. A used game actually has to be, you know, released and purchased by someone. A pirated game can be pirated before official copies of the game even come out. Meaning impatient folks (the most important customers in the gaming industry, because they want things new and are more likely to buy things first when costs are high) have an option to get the game before the game is even officially released.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.