This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got the Sony Pulse headset...

#1jubjub_28Posted 11/11/2012 12:51:33 PM
Best $150 ive ever spent... and there was this bundle with FutureShop/BestBuy (Canada) where you get the headset and Black Ops 2 all for 150.. so pretty much black ops 2 free, which is a great deal. (Leave the COD hate out of the topic please)

It is a very noticeable improvement over the previous headset sony released. And the BassImpact feature is amazing.

If any of you are on the fence about getting this headset, you will not regret it if you do.
---
I played and loved every second of METAL GEAR SOLID 4.
Problem?
#2Mister_VanillaPosted 11/11/2012 12:53:22 PM
I also bought it(hough wasnt lucky enough to get BLOPS2 free)

Excellent headset! I had a turtle beach headset with my old 360, but these are much better sound quaulity and wireless to boot!
#3jubjub_28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 1:01:02 PM
yeah I had the Turtle Beach PX21's.... and when I bought the standard wireless headset sony released, i still though the Turtle Beaches were better.. but these Pluses are better than both of them.
---
Problem?
#49inchesDeepPosted 11/11/2012 1:02:19 PM
How did you buy it and get black ops 2 free if black ops is not out yet?

I have it reserved.
#5st1ll_xPosted 11/11/2012 1:06:17 PM
Doesn't look bad...might get it.

How does it feel on your head? Is it heavy?
How does it feel around the ears?
The sound is decent I'm guessing?
---
I played and loved half of METAL GEAR SOLID 4.
Problem?
#6jubjub_28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 1:19:43 PM
How did you buy it and get black ops 2 free if black ops is not out yet?

I have it reserved.

I will pick it up on tuesday, and since I have alredy paid $150 for the bundle, there is no extra cost.

It it not so heavy that it with bother your neck, maybe after an hour or so it would be noticeable, but as i just got it, that is just speculation.

It fits comfortable over and around my ears, and I have a pretty big head, so that was pleasantly surprising to me.

The sound is better than the official wireless headset, and with the BassImpact it put its above the PX21's for me. However I don't have much experience with many headsets. Based on reviews, for the price, the sound is very good.
---
Problem?
#7jubjub_28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 1:20:53 PM

just noticed your sig.... nice. lol.
---
Problem?
#8st1ll_xPosted 11/11/2012 1:25:22 PM
^ :D
---
I played and loved half of METAL GEAR SOLID 4.
Problem?
#9jammiesPosted 11/11/2012 1:30:56 PM
Can you run multiple headsets at once? I know this sounds like it should be a simple concept, but I'm unfamiliar with how they interact with the PS3 itself.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#10jubjub_28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 1:46:52 PM
Can you run multiple headsets at once? I know this sounds like it should be a simple concept, but I'm unfamiliar with how they interact with the PS3 itself.

I'm not sure... that is a good question. I would assume that all of them run on the same frequency, so if you plug 2 USB Dongles into the PS3, I don't think both of them would work. But this is just speculation.

I know for sure though, if your TV has an audio out 3.5mm headphone jack, you should be able to get 2 head sets working. One being plugged into the PS3 itself, and one using the 3.5mm jack on the dongle sending the audio to the headset from the port on the TV.
---
Problem?