This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that help depression?

#414dfmaEFPosted 11/11/2012 9:45:01 PM
Why do people keep doing such stupid topics.

...comedy gold really.
---
People are not nice usually. To be truly nice means to take a risk. People are opportunistic instead.
#42plasticman13Posted 11/11/2012 9:45:24 PM
I'd recommend an RPG that you can dive into the world of; something like Skyrim would work. Or I would recommend fun, online party games like LittleBigPlanet or the incoming PS All Stars. Hope these help you in your depression (though I would agree with exercise like a poster said).
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#43AXKSIONPosted 11/11/2012 9:47:56 PM
Gunzleader posted...
grow a pair of balls and get the **** over it. instead of gaming.
im depressed all the god dam time but i get over it and my life is hell of alot worse then yours idc wtf you say. try being me. not being able to make friends. not being able to get the girl. not being able to be good at anything you do. everyone allways useing you. no one is your true friend in the end they betray you. never geting the respect you deserve.
karmas a **** and it got me good. and its killing my heart and soul. i cannot stand living anymore. as for you get the **** over it.

sounds like you need to adopt yourself a kitty cat and name him Mister Snuggles. Make sure you get the cutest, fluffiest, friendliest kitty cat you can find.

That will for sure make you feel better. He/she will help you feel much better.

Oh, also, join a gym, stop using drugs, stop smoking, etc., and stop hanging out with people who do drugs.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#44Hucast9Posted 11/11/2012 9:50:59 PM
You should definitely try Rayman Origins. It's nice and colorful and funny at times.
#45Seifer_usPosted 11/11/2012 9:53:31 PM
Games will only provide temporary escapism. What you need is to talk to someone. Depending on the severity and duration of these feelings (we're talking WEEKS here, not a passing thing), you may also want to consider talking to a doctor.

Otherwise, I suggest anything that can be played with friends; preferably local and not online.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#46zebmarvinPosted 11/11/2012 10:18:06 PM
Gunzleader posted...
im depressed all the god dam time but i get over it and my life is hell of alot worse then yours idc wtf you say. try being me. not being able to make friends. not being able to get the girl. not being able to be good at anything you do. everyone allways useing you. no one is your true friend in the end they betray you. never geting the respect you deserve.
karmas a **** and it got me good. and its killing my heart and soul. i cannot stand living anymore. as for you get the **** over it.

You just sound like an angry emo b**** to me.
---
I'm new.
#47TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 11/11/2012 10:22:14 PM
Dude. Listen to Nujabes.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Black 2 FC: 2967 6431 8466 [Josh]
#48johnluke728Posted 11/11/2012 10:53:13 PM
Pick up a cute platformer called "Shantae", or "Shantae : Risky's Revenge", and I guarantee you will feel a lot happier and more spontaneously silly. =P
#49Oni_KariudoPosted 11/11/2012 10:53:30 PM
None. If anything, they just get me frustrated, to go along with depressed. I'd rather just read a book, exercise, take a long walk or draw.
---
Working from 9 to 5 at McDonalds. Drawing from 5 to 8. Getting whipped by my girlfriend 24/7. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
#50DarkGam3rPosted 11/11/2012 10:53:39 PM
Gunzleader posted...

Improve your life, it's yours to live in.

You shouldn't life a life where your only reaction to negative events is "Get over it", instead, do something about it.

Seifer_us posted...
What you need is to talk to someone.

Otherwise, I suggest anything that can be played with friends; preferably local and not online.

Close human interaction tends to cheer people up better than experiencing a story (videogames, tv, movies, books).
---
"I'm no hero."