This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that help depression?

#51HakaiVeilPosted 11/11/2012 11:54:15 PM
BRAID

Helps with all.
#52DarkGam3rPosted 11/11/2012 11:56:08 PM
OfficeChair posted...
i dont suggest gaming to deal with depression. you're better off jogging or some kind of cardio because when you do your brain literally releases chemicals that make you feel happy and improves its own long term ability to make these chemicals

Some people need a reeaaallly good boost/motivation to actually start exercising, therefore making it difficult.
---
"I'm no hero."
#53BokuxPicoPosted 11/11/2012 11:57:31 PM
drinking games
#54hedgylovePosted 11/11/2012 11:59:21 PM
Varron posted...
Contrary to what many have suggested, I'd go against games like Journey. People in depressive states normally don't have much patience and/or open-mindedness to comprehend a game that puts you through an "experience". Plus, trudging through all that barren desert in Journey would make me want to kick a dog if I've had a bad day or was feeling down.

I respectfully disagree. I become a lot more contemplative/reflective when I'm depressed, so games like Journey are really all I want to play. I guess if you have anger with your depression you might want an action game, but I don't experience that.
---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#55RhymefestPosted 11/12/2012 12:02:11 AM
Manhunt
#56TedCandymanPosted 11/12/2012 12:09:55 AM
For me, on the real, Suikoden 2. It might make your wallet depressed but looking back on that game makes me feel great. I listen to some of the music from it and it makes me feel like everything's gonna be alright.

Might I also suggest some kind of 2 player game? An old school beat em up perhaps? Or maybe just sit and watch someone else play a game. I always liked watching my friend play the Silent Hill games.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/TedCandyman/games
PSN: SecretSuperstar
#57Kage-MaruPosted 11/12/2012 12:13:38 AM
something funny, like god hand or double dragon neon. or play resident evil 4 mercenaries?
---
You fools who would fight back against Satan! Accompanied by the Devil Army, He has arrived from the deepest part of Hell.
King of Devil, Akuma Shogun.
#58CBratePosted 11/12/2012 12:18:56 AM
Try Friends. Depression is no place to be when you're alone.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 158 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: pabIito
#59Seifer_usPosted 11/12/2012 12:38:21 AM
Gunzleader posted...
grow a pair of balls and get the **** over it. instead of gaming.
im depressed all the god dam time but i get over it and my life is hell of alot worse then yours idc wtf you say. try being me. not being able to make friends. not being able to get the girl. not being able to be good at anything you do. everyone allways useing you. no one is your true friend in the end they betray you. never geting the respect you deserve.
karmas a **** and it got me good. and its killing my heart and soul. i cannot stand living anymore. as for you get the **** over it.

If it really is that bad, you need to seek out a good psychologist or a physician you trust to recommend one immediately. Is it difficult for you to accept praise or compliments? Does everything other people say somehow feel like an attack or disengenuous? If that's close to what you're feeling, I'm not even joking; get yourself some help. I know what you're describing, and you're basically living in a self-perpetuating state of depression and it will destroy you if you don't try to get help.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#60Evil_GogetaPosted 11/12/2012 12:39:57 AM
Playing fighters with friends normally cheer me right up, you normally forget your problems and just want to beat them lol.
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Currently Playing: (PS3) JJNKNB HD (PC) Guild Wars 2, The War Z (ARC) Persona 4 Arena