This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do some guys choose female mains over male?

#11Raven_CyarmPosted 11/11/2012 10:25:57 PM
AXKSION posted...
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
I for one, always pick the male gender, just because I'm a guy.

Don't most guys though, want to look at females? I for one would much rather look at a sexy female than a dude.

Dudebro logic.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#12AXKSIONPosted 11/11/2012 10:26:28 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
AXKSION posted...
TaijutsuJoshua posted...

Don't most guys though, want to look at females? I for one would much rather look at a sexy female than a dude.

Very true. So would I. It's just that I guess playing as the male helps me immerse myself, I guess?

The thing is that almost all games that do not give you an option of character creation, almost ALWAYS, it is mandatory to play as male. I'm kinda sick of it. Plus this gen it's mostly military skinhead fratbros in the pewpew games.

Playing a game with a female character is a breath of fresh air.

And I mean, it's not like you're dressing in drag or pretending to be a woman or anything like that nature, when you play as a female in a game.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#13ImmatureContentPosted 11/11/2012 10:26:31 PM
Jx1010 posted...
Choosing a female main in a video game is the same thing as playing with dolls instead of action figures

No, it's the same thing as playing with a female action figure.
---
I was the turkey all along!
#14Devilman_AmonPosted 11/11/2012 10:26:51 PM
AXKSION posted...
TaijutsuJoshua posted...

lol so true

I guess TC and many others like staring at men's polygon butts
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#15Kage-MaruPosted 11/11/2012 10:26:55 PM
i can never stand choosin a girl over a guy in games. i have a game that is a little different when you play as a girl, i want to see whats different, but instead im gonna beat the game as the guy again lol. the guys are just cooler to play as and the girls are usually really annoying.
---
You fools who would fight back against Satan! Accompanied by the Devil Army, He has arrived from the deepest part of Hell.
King of Devil, Akuma Shogun.
#16Killingjoke_666Posted 11/11/2012 10:27:59 PM
Been playing with Males all my life. Like to change things up. Besides females are better to look at
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#17Devilman_AmonPosted 11/11/2012 10:28:50 PM
You guys that are way too insecure over picking a female over a male character need to get over yourselves. It's a ******** video game. Relax and enjoy it.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#18SayoriaPosted 11/11/2012 10:31:08 PM
I'm transgendered, so I choose female.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#19thompsontalker7Posted 11/11/2012 10:31:25 PM
Playing as a girl usually makes a story feel a little less typical. It's why I chose FemShep over DudeBro shep in ME
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. Start:11/22/08
"you being a sad little social misfit weirdo is a fantasy of mine lol"- thedan11
#20AXKSIONPosted 11/11/2012 10:32:11 PM
GTA5 has 3 different main characters. ALL dudes. No playable female.

That is like all games, so in a game where I get to choose my character and create them, like in Dark Souls, it is always a hot sexy female, but in corpse form they look like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen or Lindsey Lohan.

the only good female characters that are the main characters that I can think of are Lara Croft and Jill Valentine.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!