This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do some guys choose female mains over male?

#261Swan3624Posted 11/12/2012 12:36:30 PM
Whenever possible, I choose the female character, because I am a transgender that wishes to be a girl. Playing as a female character is a step closer to that goal, without the need to buy an expensive operation or work hard at putting makeup and clothes on.

I'm not afraid to admit this... I have always despised being a male, and I despise most men for their disgusting pig-like views on women. I'm like a misogynist, but towards men, and I uphold an unruly amount of respect towards all women, no matter what.

Some may say I'm kind of weird, but I'm proud to say I want to be a girl. I know not all men are bad, and I know not all women are goddesses, but I choose to believe in the black and white nature of the world where women are good and men are bad. It's probably stemming from my relationship with my parents, being neglected by a father that never supported me, but always being encouraged by a mother that cared way more.
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#262NewavePosted 11/12/2012 12:40:48 PM
If I have to stare at an ass jiggling all over my face an entire game IT BETTER BE FEMALE.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB, XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#263MourningReignsPosted 11/12/2012 12:42:35 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
MourningReigns posted...
Also, this is stupid topic as a whole. People are very weird and creepy here.

I never put myself in the shoes of a character, I don't care what the character is.

I'm playing a game, I'm not trying to become one with the character and see what it's like to be a female in this world. Why? This world doesn't exist.

I put myself in that world, and act accordingly. I don't care to see a woman in the leading role of a game because it's not going to change how I play.

That doesn't make me sexist, it's how I play a game.

When I see a movie though, I'm not trying to be that person, I'm watching the person and see how they do stuff. That's a good place to have strong leads of any gender, because you get an ACTUAL PERSON portraying it. They know how it is to be that race / gender and can bring that to the part.

A male playing as a female in a game isn't being a female. They are just shooting people dressed up as a female.

It's probably the whole "Role Playing" argument the :Western game only" fanatics like to drum up. Same reason for the desire of FPS (zOMG I feel soooo "immersed!" *(yeah right). Or the conversation choices you have in certain games makes people think they "are" the character.
Those people have issues. People that cant draw the line between fantasy and reality.
When I play a game, just as you said, I'm not trying to be that person. I'm playing a video game plain and simple.
I don't care if the avatar is male, female, animal, or even a block piece. Its a freakin game.

Yay, we agreed on something!
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#264MourningReignsPosted 11/12/2012 12:43:25 PM
Ex275 posted...

I read the article and survey and sorry to inform you but it's about gamer tastes and how most homosexual gamers prefered the RPG, since that was the only genre that people wanted more content catered to homosexual. It's about demographics.

You just called the majority of this board homosexual.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#265Chops_de_PorkPosted 11/12/2012 12:44:49 PM
I love it when these topics come around. It's always fun to see what all the wannabe psycologists say about other people that differ from themselves.
#266JunpeiHermesPosted 11/12/2012 12:48:29 PM
Pezofpower posted...
I'm a guy, I pick male characters. It's mostly an immersion thing I guess but I have no problem playing a female character if they so happen to be the main character. I.E. Samus,Okami,Bayonetta, ect..

This
---
"Here lies a great franchise, killed by corporate hunger. Farewell, Megaman, we wish you get equipped with Metal Blades in heaven"-Megaman Tombstone
#267Ex275Posted 11/12/2012 12:49:40 PM
MourningReigns posted...
Ex275 posted...

I read the article and survey and sorry to inform you but it's about gamer tastes and how most homosexual gamers prefered the RPG, since that was the only genre that people wanted more content catered to homosexual. It's about demographics.

You just called the majority of this board homosexual.

I wrote my post like a chimp.

Basically the results of the poll showed that the gay people preferred RPGs. It was the only genre of games on the list that scored positive in including more content catered to LGBTQABBQ audiences.
#268FishInMyPantsPosted 11/12/2012 12:56:14 PM
Swan3624 posted...
I'm like a misogynist, but towards men...

The word you want is "misandrist." ;)
---
"And in this land, the Undead are corralled and led to the north, where they are locked away, to await the end of the world."
#269Swan3624Posted 11/12/2012 12:57:13 PM
FishInMyPants posted...
Swan3624 posted...
I'm like a misogynist, but towards men...

The word you want is "misandrist." ;)

Thank you! :D
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#270nickizgr8Posted 11/12/2012 12:58:40 PM
It depends on the game. I mean in Dragon age 2 the male main character in my opinion had a terrible voice actor and the female was actually quite good so I always pick female for da:2. Also in dragon age: origins my main character was male so I didn't want the same stuff over again.

Other games I do it for personal preference like if I'm playing a healer class I'll probably be female because I still have this OCDness back when I played a game where females were better healers.