This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do some guys choose female mains over male?

#271Devilman_AmonPosted 11/12/2012 1:00:54 PM
Swan3624 posted...
Whenever possible, I choose the female character, because I am a transgender that wishes to be a girl. Playing as a female character is a step closer to that goal, without the need to buy an expensive operation or work hard at putting makeup and clothes on.

I'm not afraid to admit this... I have always despised being a male, and I despise most men for their disgusting pig-like views on women. I'm like a misogynist, but towards men, and I uphold an unruly amount of respect towards all women, no matter what.

Some may say I'm kind of weird, but I'm proud to say I want to be a girl. I know not all men are bad, and I know not all women are goddesses, but I choose to believe in the black and white nature of the world where women are good and men are bad. It's probably stemming from my relationship with my parents, being neglected by a father that never supported me, but always being encouraged by a mother that cared way more.

Way too much information for this topic dude. We didn't ask for people's tragic life stories. Plus like I said it's a video game. Don't think too hard about it. I wonder what happens if you ever play Tokyo Jungle...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#272Fou LuPosted 11/12/2012 1:00:58 PM
Why do people play video games that allow you to play multiple non-human races and pick humans?... Video games are normally played to escape reality, and yet what do people do? They chose the humans.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#273Swan3624Posted 11/12/2012 1:03:42 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Way too much information for this topic dude. We didn't ask for people's tragic life stories. Plus like I said it's a video game. Don't think too hard about it. I wonder what happens if you ever play Tokyo Jungle...

Haha, I'm sorry. It wasn't meant to come off as a tragic life story. I suppose the father and mother thing was perhaps a tad dramatic in its exposition :P
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#274Demon_AckerPosted 11/12/2012 1:03:58 PM
Because they're more aesthetically pleasing
#275CarpetfluffPosted 11/12/2012 1:12:06 PM(edited)
Flare1721 posted...
Dat ass in dem jeans!

This too. Not even in a sexist way; but if I have to look at a bum for hours on end I'd rather have a shapely one than some steroid-infused bulgy man butt. I don't get the guys who are so insecure that they reason that playing as a girl somehow makes it 'gay' - if anything insisting on looking at man meat is more that, surely?
#276GrimKusanagiPosted 11/12/2012 1:09:01 PM
I'd rather stare at a girls ass all day rather than a dudes.
---
Current Playing: Fallout 3
Always Playing: Fallout 3
#277Devilman_AmonPosted 11/12/2012 1:09:20 PM
Swan3624 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

Haha, I'm sorry. It wasn't meant to come off as a tragic life story. I suppose the father and mother thing was perhaps a tad dramatic in its exposition :P

Yeah you owe me a new miniature violin :P
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#278Ex275Posted 11/12/2012 1:09:21 PM
Fou Lu posted...
Why do people play video games that allow you to play multiple non-human races and pick humans?... Video games are normally played to escape reality, and yet what do people do? They chose the humans.

Well maybe those people want their escapism to include a human being who happens to be a knight or a mage. Not all people like playing with sexes, races or species that they don't belong to.
I only pick other species in games when I like their stats or classes compared to humans.

Personally I play games for fun and entertainment, like playing chess, escapism is done better in books IMO.
#279Unbridled9Posted 11/12/2012 1:09:41 PM
Okay. After reading this topic for a bit I have several questions I want to ask.

1) Why does it matter? Seriously. In games that are played from a first-person perspective you won't likely see your character without panning out. The only affirmation of your characters will *maybe* be a few pronouns and the grunts your character makes in combat. Is that REALLY so immersion-shattering that you can't play as a girl?

2) Why is being female worse than being a Argonian? Seriously. What is it about being a human that happens to be a woman that is, somehow, much worse than being a lizard person from an entirely different species that only barely humanoid that functions in an entirely different culture? Would you rather play a murloc than a human female character JUST because the murloc is male? Is your sense of immersion tied to your genitals?

3) Is it really wrong to NOT want our characters to end up looking like He-man? Especially if they aren't warriors but healers?

4) Is it really impossible for a woman to be good/evil JUST because she's a woman? Like 'oh no, I'd defeat the Stormcloaks, rally the Imperials to defeat the Reapers, and pilot the Normandy into the Death Star core, but I'm on my period'? Are you REALLY that shallow?

5) Why can't a woman be a badass savior of the world? Yuna is ten times more awesome and badass than most male CoD leads and she wasn't even a fighter! Never mind that your own character is usually not confined by a predetermined script that cannot be deviated from.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#280Ex275Posted 11/12/2012 1:18:43 PM
Unbridled9 posted...
Okay. After reading this topic for a bit I have several questions I want to ask.

1) Why does it matter? Seriously. In games that are played from a first-person perspective you won't likely see your character without panning out. The only affirmation of your characters will *maybe* be a few pronouns and the grunts your character makes in combat. Is that REALLY so immersion-shattering that you can't play as a girl?

2) Why is being female worse than being a Argonian? Seriously. What is it about being a human that happens to be a woman that is, somehow, much worse than being a lizard person from an entirely different species that only barely humanoid that functions in an entirely different culture? Would you rather play a murloc than a human female character JUST because the murloc is male? Is your sense of immersion tied to your genitals?

3) Is it really wrong to NOT want our characters to end up looking like He-man? Especially if they aren't warriors but healers?

4) Is it really impossible for a woman to be good/evil JUST because she's a woman? Like 'oh no, I'd defeat the Stormcloaks, rally the Imperials to defeat the Reapers, and pilot the Normandy into the Death Star core, but I'm on my period'? Are you REALLY that shallow?

5) Why can't a woman be a badass savior of the world? Yuna is ten times more awesome and badass than most male CoD leads and she wasn't even a fighter! Never mind that your own character is usually not confined by a predetermined script that cannot be deviated from.

The answer to all your questions is misogyny.
1) Immersion is a buzzword that is mostly used to mean: "I like this game because it's immersive" or "I like this game because it's not immersive"

2) Misogynists believe that women are inferior, thus if they play a woman the character is inferior or something.

3) Blame Samwise Didier for being unable to draw skinny men.

4) Misogynists are shallow by nature.

5) See 2. Men do everything better than women. Anything a man does is better than anything a woman does.