This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do some guys choose female mains over male?

#281lukaselfPosted 11/12/2012 1:24:30 PM(edited)
Ex275 posted...
lukaself posted...

Take time to read the article and you'll see that the survey was only aimed at gamers... believe it or not but the average gamer's age is 35. That's the difference between a serious survey, and a random blogging site. By my own experience only I tend to agree with these figures.

I read the article and survey and sorry to inform you but it's about gamer tastes and how most homosexual gamers prefered the RPG, since that was the only genre that people wanted more content catered to homosexual. It's about demographics.

See this quote: "Rockwood has designed a survey which examines the sexual diversity of gamers and how sexual orientation affects their gaming tastes and concerns."
http://gamepolitics.livejournal.com/307547.html#cutid1

So not 48% of gamers are homosexual that would be silly, especially concerning the large amounts of homophobia in video game culture.

You read it all wrong and my comment too. I never wrote that 48% of gamers are homosexual and this quote isn't implying it either. You have stop making silly shortcuts.

The reason why you can't accept it is because you are not interested in Bisexual or Homosexual relationship, and that's ok but don't pretend those figures are false because you never saw them, it would rather be because you're not looking for it.
#282Golden MavenPosted 11/12/2012 1:21:48 PM
I don't mind playing as females. I don't take games all that seriously. I know a lot of you obviously do, though.
#283Pro_TacticianPosted 11/12/2012 1:24:38 PM
I choose female more frequently because:
[I am male, btw]
1) I can be more fashionable with a female than a male usually. Only exception to this was White Knight Chronicles where I'd always be a male MC.
2) I have more so a feminine personality so it helps.
3) Deep down inside I do have feelings making me wish I was a girl, y'know... Without the period and pregnancy and stuff. :I
4) "Dat ass in dem jeans!"
#284paralyzed21Posted 11/12/2012 1:24:56 PM
i used rachel parker in r2 online cuz cool
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#285GoatJugSoupPosted 11/12/2012 1:25:06 PM
if its a game im going to play in 3rd person i will probably make a female character, much more attractive to look at.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#286Ex275Posted 11/12/2012 1:25:22 PM
lukaself posted...
Ex275 posted...
lukaself posted...

Take time to read the article and you'll see that the survey was only aimed at gamers... believe it or not but the average gamer's age is 35. That's the difference between a serious survey, and a random blogging site. By my own experience only I tend to agree with these figures.

I read the article and survey and sorry to inform you but it's about gamer tastes and how most homosexual gamers prefered the RPG, since that was the only genre that people wanted more content catered to homosexual. It's about demographics.

See this quote: "Rockwood has designed a survey which examines the sexual diversity of gamers and how sexual orientation affects their gaming tastes and concerns."
http://gamepolitics.livejournal.com/307547.html#cutid1

So not 48% of gamers are homosexual that would be silly, especially concerning the large amounts of homophobia in video game culture.

You read it all wrong and my comment too. I never wrote that 48% of gamers are homosexual and this quote isn't implying it either. You have stop making silly shortcuts.

Wait, you think I think that 48% of gamers are homosexual?
I thought you thought that 48% of gamers are homosexual.

My quote was to show that the point of the poll was about the preferences in the gay gamer demographic. I put it because I thought you were saying the poll proved that 48% of gamers were homosexuals.

I am being silly today.
#287drakor180Posted 11/12/2012 1:25:36 PM
I always pick male because I am a male, because I feel like my character is in some small way an extension of myself. I guess the people who don't feel that way don't care about the gender.
---
IX>IV>VII>VI>III>I>X>V>VIII>XII>XIII>II
FFXI and FFXIV can die in a fire.
#288AtomicPenguin76Posted 11/12/2012 1:27:02 PM
Unless you press the buttons on your controller with your penis the way you play a game doesn't make you more or less of a man.
#289Golden MavenPosted 11/12/2012 1:27:45 PM
Pro_Tactician posted...
I choose female more frequently because:
[I am male, btw]
1) I can be more fashionable with a female than a male usually. Only exception to this was White Knight Chronicles where I'd always be a male MC.
2) I have more so a feminine personality so it helps.
3) Deep down inside I do have feelings making me wish I was a girl, y'know... Without the period and pregnancy and stuff. :I
4) "Dat ass in dem jeans!"

Are you saying you're trans? Or happily a male with feminine characteristics?
#290Kit_SakurazukaPosted 11/12/2012 1:32:27 PM
king_madden posted...
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
Funny, I just had this conversation with my father the other day while I was playing Soul Calibur 5 with my attractive, scantily clad MALE character. He immediately voiced his disapproval with a crack about how only a *** would want to play as a character like that. I pointed out that MALE players typically make attractive female characters, which he ALSO disapproved of as 'sad'.

Then I asked him 'If you had to spend the next hundred hours staring at an ass, would you rather it belong to a man or a woman?' and he immediately picked female, of course. Basically that's what it boils down to: you're gonna be looking at the main character for a while, so wouldn't you prefer someone/thing that you find nice to look at?

As for my personal breakdowns...Back when I played an MMO, my MAIN was female, but the other four characters I played regularly were male. In Dragon Age 1 and 2, I played as men and downloaded a mod that let me date Alistair anyway (<3). In Soul Calibur 4 my created characters were about 90% female due to a lack of attractive faces and clothing for the guys, but it's about 60%-40% in SC5.

when you're watching a movie, during the story and action scenes are just staring at the characters ass, or whats going on around the character?

i dont even know how people can properly play games if they are just staring at their characters ass.

Obviously during cutscenes or actiony gameplay you'll be looking all over the screen, but in, say, an RPG (my prefered genre), you're going to spend a lot of time looking at the character you control while you run around. If the battle system is any kinda of turn-based, you'll spend a lot of time looking at the character/characters while deciding what to do/waiting for your turn.

Heck, even in cutscenes, you'll spend a lot of time looking at the main character, because presumably said character will have a big role in the story.

I'm not saying ugly characters are a deal breaker, I'm just saying that if I went to the store and had a choice between games with Kratos, Dante or Nariko on the cover, I'd pick Dante and/or Nariko and leave Kratos to the gamers who find muscle-bound baldies attractive.
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Tales of Graces F UNDUB, Soul Calibur V (Leixia-main), Resonance of Fate second cycle.