This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do some guys choose female mains over male?

#31AXKSIONPosted 11/11/2012 10:40:35 PM
Flare1721 posted...
AXKSION posted...
GTA5 has 3 different main characters. ALL dudes. No playable female.

That is like all games, so in a game where I get to choose my character and create them, like in Dark Souls, it is always a hot sexy female, but in corpse form they look like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen or Lindsey Lohan.

the only good female characters that are the main characters that I can think of are Lara Croft and Jill Valentine.

Maybe because some females just dont fit the roles of some video games. Can depend on the voice of the female to. Because I dont want to be listening to how annoying she is the entire game. But there are plenty of female leads I do like.

I wanna say Samus but she obviously does not talk. But I still like her as a main lead. I also liked Lightning in FFXIII as a main character.

Oh yeah, Samus of course, she has to be my favorite female video game character. Not sure how I could have forgotten her. I didn't play MOM and I will not either.

As for Lightning, I think she is one of the worst characters of all time.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#32sean2995Posted 11/11/2012 10:40:59 PM
I don't pick a character to relate to me. I don't pick a female just because I don't want to stare at a guy while I'm playing a game. (Most retarted reason, do I need to explain?)

All depends on the game and how the developers handle it. Some games have great designs for both male/female characters but then theres some that have really odd choices.

Example is WoW male human, they are all bulky designs. Pretty much fits some of the art styles they do but theres no option for a slimmer design. Reason male casters kinda look wierd in some of the robes.
#33ukokira1Posted 11/11/2012 10:48:32 PM
I also do it depending on the story. Fore pokemon games I like to follow the manga so I always play as a girl named crystal In crystal or soul silver
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#34qwertyMrJINXPosted 11/11/2012 10:48:56 PM
Because I'm not a woman, and videogames are an escape from reality.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#35HakaiVeilPosted 11/11/2012 10:52:38 PM
Fem Shep >>>>>>>>>>>> Fail Shep.

And not for dat ass either.
#36ShinryujinPosted 11/11/2012 10:53:13 PM
Real answer: for a change of pace.

Non serious dumb answer: Because i'll never purposely choose a male main more badass than myself. There can be only one. blah blah.
#37hedgylovePosted 11/11/2012 10:54:30 PM
Motsu posted...
I'm transgendered, so I choose female.

I didn't know that about you...yay there's another LGBT person here besides me :)
---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#38SayoriaPosted 11/11/2012 10:56:52 PM
hedgylove posted...
Motsu posted...

I didn't know that about you...yay there's another LGBT person here besides me :)

Interesting. Didn't know that about YOU either. I never ask. People never ask. Never needs to be brought out. This topic sort of brings it out, so I said it. Curious where you fit in there now.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#39ImmatureContentPosted 11/11/2012 11:02:48 PM
If real life gave us the option to create ourselves then I'd choose female. I don't feel strongly enough about it to do anything in reality, though. I'm not unhappy as a male and I don't feel like I was born in the wrong body. I simply think I'd prefer being female. So video games let me sort of indulge my fantasies in that regard.
---
I was the turkey all along!
#40hedgylovePosted 11/11/2012 11:03:51 PM
Motsu posted...
hedgylove posted...
Motsu posted...

Interesting. Didn't know that about YOU either. I never ask. People never ask. Never needs to be brought out. This topic sort of brings it out, so I said it. Curious where you fit in there now.

I bring it up every now and then. I'm a lesbian. I'm not really that "out" in real life even though I've been in the same relationship for five years. People close to me know but I mostly keep it to myself. Talking about it online doesn't bother me though.
---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12