This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do some guys choose female mains over male?

#311TaijutsuJoshua(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 2:56:30 PM
majin nemesis posted...
MourningReigns posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
MourningReigns posted...
Also, this is stupid topic as a whole. People are very weird and creepy here.

I never put myself in the shoes of a character, I don't care what the character is.

I'm playing a game, I'm not trying to become one with the character and see what it's like to be a female in this world. Why? This world doesn't exist.

I put myself in that world, and act accordingly. I don't care to see a woman in the leading role of a game because it's not going to change how I play.

That doesn't make me sexist, it's how I play a game.

When I see a movie though, I'm not trying to be that person, I'm watching the person and see how they do stuff. That's a good place to have strong leads of any gender, because you get an ACTUAL PERSON portraying it. They know how it is to be that race / gender and can bring that to the part.

A male playing as a female in a game isn't being a female. They are just shooting people dressed up as a female.

It's probably the whole "Role Playing" argument the :Western game only" fanatics like to drum up. Same reason for the desire of FPS (zOMG I feel soooo "immersed!" *(yeah right). Or the conversation choices you have in certain games makes people think they "are" the character.
Those people have issues. People that cant draw the line between fantasy and reality.
When I play a game, just as you said, I'm not trying to be that person. I'm playing a video game plain and simple.
I don't care if the avatar is male, female, animal, or even a block piece. Its a freakin game.

Yay, we agreed on something!

i agree too

I never thought it'd be bad to put myself in the shoes of a character, but you do have a point when you mention that we don't live in this world. It makes sense. Cocoon doesn't exist, so why should I try to be Lightning? Gekkokan doesn't exist, so why do I have to be Minato?

But I guess to me, I do it because sometimes I try to "escape" into the world. Yeah, I know it's stupid, and writing this now I'm reminded of how stupid it is. Sometimes life bores or depresses me, so a good RPG or, writing/drawing helps me "go away", I guess. It isn't that I have depression, but just the occasional stress, sadness or just having fun...I guess it ties into my reason for playing games in the first place.

And you're right, MourningReigns. I sometimes have trouble differentiating between fantasy and reality. I find myself running away from my problems sometimes. I have some issues. So I guess I fit into that mold, as bad as that makes me feel. But that all goes back-- I choose the male simply because I'm male-- and maybe I subconciously try to immerse myself that way. I don't think it's creepy/ weird, many other people around the world feel this way, maybe they haven't realized it.

Gosh... I sure made myself go into therapy in that post.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Black 2 FC: 2967 6431 8466 [Josh]
#312Devilman_AmonPosted 11/12/2012 2:58:41 PM

There seems to be a lot of that going on in this thread...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#313TaijutsuJoshua(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 3:00:03 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...

Is that bad?
---
#314ICLRK625Posted 11/12/2012 3:01:53 PM
This is, quite possibly, the stupidest thread I have ever read on GameFAQs, and that's a tall order.
---
GT=ICLRK625
#315TaijutsuJoshua(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 3:06:20 PM
ICLRK625 posted...
This is, quite possibly, the stupidest thread I have ever read on GameFAQs, and that's a tall order.

The question itself? Or the craziness that followed?
---
#316ICLRK625Posted 11/12/2012 3:16:08 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
ICLRK625 posted...

The idiocy that followed, the question was innocent enough. Now we have armchair psychologists dictating what each answer means.
---
GT=ICLRK625
#317Devilman_AmonPosted 11/12/2012 3:17:37 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

Is that bad?

unneccessary
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#318TaijutsuJoshua(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 3:19:33 PM(edited)
ICLRK625 posted...
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
ICLRK625 posted...

The idiocy that followed, the question was innocent enough. Now we have armchair psychologists dictating what each answer means.

Yeah, I didn't expect all this... "diverse chaos". But that's what I get for asking said question.

Devilman_Amon posted...
unneccessary

True. Very true.
#319Bf109_Ace_1941Posted 11/12/2012 3:21:23 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
For online games,most people do that for scamming

Ps Home lol.
---
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/31/89/31/airplanes-luftwaffe_00318931.jpg
#320riddlebox89Posted 11/12/2012 3:30:49 PM
Because if I'm going to sit and stare at a main characters ass for five hours straight, I'd rather it be a female characters ass.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.