This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do some guys choose female mains over male?

#41FuutonElementalPosted 11/12/2012 12:07:56 AM
AXKSION posted...
The thing is that almost all games that do not give you an option of character creation, almost ALWAYS, it is mandatory to play as male. I'm kinda sick of it. Plus this gen it's mostly military skinhead fratbros in the pewpew games.

Playing a game with a female character is a breath of fresh air.

And I mean, it's not like you're dressing in drag or pretending to be a woman or anything like that nature, when you play as a female in a game.

Males are the dominant gender, so it's only natural that a majority of heroes portrayed in video games are going to be of that gender. I mean, irl, males are typically the ones who are doing the fighting in wars and such.

"Plus this gen it's mostly military skinhead fratbros in the pewpew games."

Mostly? Please, inform me of some characters who fit this majority in the shooting genre.
---
( PSN: SignOfKai ) -- Unfathomable Dexterity.
P4A: Maining Yu, Subbing Aigis | DMCHD: Playthrough | Sleeping Dogs: Playthrough
#42badtofuPosted 11/12/2012 12:17:55 AM
As a male, there are lots of varying reasons why I would pick a female over male characters. The most common answer I would give is pure aesthetics. That means their overall look is more pleasing or maybe the male model is just ugly.

It's not about "dat ass" for me and it's not about having an avatar represent me. It is simply, for the most part, which one looks nicer.
#43SayoriaPosted 11/12/2012 12:22:20 AM
hedgylove posted...
Motsu posted...
hedgylove posted...
Motsu posted...
I'm transgendered, so I choose female.

I didn't know that about you...yay there's another LGBT person here besides me :)

Interesting. Didn't know that about YOU either. I never ask. People never ask. Never needs to be brought out. This topic sort of brings it out, so I said it. Curious where you fit in there now.

I bring it up every now and then. I'm a lesbian. I'm not really that "out" in real life even though I've been in the same relationship for five years. People close to me know but I mostly keep it to myself. Talking about it online doesn't bother me though.

Ah, I had a feeling that was where you were in the grouping. You don't say though. Yeah, same here. People close to me know about my transness, but I am not exactly out about it sadly. WISH I was, but yeah. Only people I have told has been my mother, and a good handful of my friends. That's about it. As well, talking online about it isn't a problem for me either. Hell, alot of my online friends know. *Shrug*..... very interesting twists and turns from that even.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#44Super SlashPosted 11/12/2012 12:39:07 AM
It's nice to change it up sometimes. It's also admittedly sometimes because I'd rather play as a hot female character than a male character I don't feel anything towards.

In the case of Dragon Age, I picked female so I could get into a hot lesbian relationship. <.<

And in the case of KOTOR 2, I do it because the Exile is canonically female.
#45Drkr_ZenPosted 11/12/2012 12:47:36 AM
I tend to choose males first to make up a guy I'd want to be... roleplay, as it were. Then I'll go in as a female for a different perspective.

Friends of mine tend to go female because, as I put it once, as a guy would you rather stand in line behind another dude for 50-60 or 100+ hours, or a chick in jeans that look painted on?
---
Playing: LBP2, MHP3rd HD, ME3, OoT 3D, KH3D, Borderlands 2
"See You Space Cowboy."
#46rofflchopperPosted 11/12/2012 12:56:48 AM
Probably the same reason I choose a guy when there's the option. I would rather look at a hot guy than a hot girl for the entire game.

But when I do choose a girl, it's just to change things up. Usually on a second play through or something.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#47Merc123Posted 11/12/2012 1:04:34 AM
Alot of the games i play where you have a choice let you create your character, so i like to put some bits of myself in there, making me pick male most of the time.

not always though

Borderlands 1 and 2 i played the female Sirens because i though their powers seemed the most interesting.

In P3P i played as the female character just to see the new social links.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#48Yaboy125Posted 11/12/2012 1:21:05 AM
Panchira, I would assume.
---
Gamefaqs mods have robbed me of my first ammendment rights.
#49PsychoWolfXPosted 11/12/2012 1:21:39 AM
I use both just for variety.
#50XWolfOPosted 11/12/2012 1:22:50 AM
I pick them out of curiosity if anything's different. Usually end up just starting a new game like that and not saving at all. Then it's back to my male.
---
It's-a me!