This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do some guys choose female mains over male?

#51Devilman_AmonPosted 11/12/2012 12:25:36 AM
FuutonElemental posted...

"Plus this gen it's mostly military skinhead fratbros in the pewpew games."

Mostly? Please, inform me of some characters who fit this majority in the shooting genre.

Notsureifserious
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#52The_Mighty_KELPPosted 11/12/2012 1:09:16 AM
I'll typically play both genders at some point in games where it actually makes a difference, like Skyrim, Fallout 3, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, etc. etc. There's lots of content and experiences you can only enjoy by playing as one or the other. In MMORPGs, I'm strictly male-only, as typically people identify you by your character's gender.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#53LsnakePosted 11/12/2012 1:20:39 AM
I am a straight guy, straight as can be, thus I pick female. It sounds off, but for me it's natural. I don't pretend to be the character. I refer to my characters in third person, as if I'm following her journey. I don't seek to represent myself, but to enjoy the game with a fictional girl I'd love to spend my time with.
---
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)
#54jakerscythePosted 11/12/2012 1:23:03 AM
It's funny, after playing P3 I thought the main was about as anonymous as anyone could be, and that was really boring. I'm now playing P3P with female lead, and for some reason she just feels much more like an actual character. Only problem is I don't feel comfortable going lovers route with any of the male characters in the game.

I guess I have an easier time playing games with a lead that doesn't feel like it's supposed to be a digital version of myself. I like reading/experiencing stories about people, not about myself. For me, a male lead tends to feel like it's designed to put me into the story, while a female lead feels like I'm watching someone else's story. I much prefer the latter.
#55Evel138Posted 11/12/2012 1:26:22 AM
No doubt it's already been said numerous times, but given that we're likely talking about a character model thats being viewed in the 3rd person, I'd rather stare at a female ass for hours than a male.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#56SeltoxPosted 11/12/2012 1:42:38 AM
I take both. I don't think what character you choose to play should have much relation to your real life gender. For one, many people play games to immerse themselves in a reality that is different from their own - and a different gender is one way to change things up and make it more interesting. This is hardly always the case though, as a lot of people may find it HARD to immerse themselves in a game by playing a different gender.

My 'main' character usually ends up being a male, as my main will always take the name 'Seltox' which I consider to be a masculine name.

Also, it's just hard to resist making a cute lady character on an MMO :P
---
PSN: Seltox
#57Seifer_usPosted 11/12/2012 1:43:41 AM
If they ever made some female characters that looked like badasses instead of whores I might play as them more often.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#58Nirvanas_NoxPosted 11/12/2012 1:44:24 AM
i usually only play girls in fighting games. for some reason i always do better with them. games with character creation i usually go with guys mostly because they look more attractive.
---
My business isnt your business so unless your my thong, dont be up my ass.
#59Semi45aPosted 11/12/2012 1:47:25 AM
cuz they're woman trapped in a man's body
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#60RocketZXbluePosted 11/12/2012 2:04:52 AM
depending on the game for me.
some games have different things for either gender (persona 3 portable as was mentioned)
most games I play as both.
---
RocketZXBlue on PSN
In progress: Golden sun dark dawn, kingdom hearts I (ps2), phantasy star ONLINE 2, persona 3 FES, Disgaea 4, Legasista