This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me, or are Sony fans harassed the most?

#1HankHill4SSB4Posted 11/12/2012 9:02:55 AM
My boy always talks about how much he loves PlayStation and Sony's first-party lineup at school, and he ends getting beat up and called "Sony pony" for it all the time.

Is the problem with the Sony fan or is it all just the Nintendo/Microsoft fans?
#2Chuck4lifePosted 11/12/2012 9:06:08 AM
He actually gets beat up? Right. I am calling troll on this one.
#3HankHill4SSB4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:07:43 AM
Chuck4life posted...
He actually gets beat up? Right. I am calling troll on this one.

It's just little bruises and whatnot. Nothing too serious.
#4En Sabah NurPosted 11/12/2012 9:11:07 AM
I'm not sure if they're harassed the most or not, but I know that Sony fans all seem to carry an air of superiority to them.

They made this huge deal about how powerful the PS3 was before it came out and how amazing it would be, and it's really just another console. I have one, I like it for the exclusives, and that's about it. I prefer to use my 360 for everything else, just because. I have some friends though that are too cheap to pay for Xbox Live (that's literally their only issue with 360) and they feel the PS3 is superior simply due to its free online service. There is no way to even argue that Xbox Live is a more stable, integrated service with them. They're stubborn and ignorant. So if your son is like them, I can see why he's getting beat up (but really, check that out. Bullying isn't cool).
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#5ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/12/2012 9:17:03 AM(edited)
You're kidding right? People at that school really take video games that seriously?
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#6nonexistingheroPosted 11/12/2012 9:15:02 AM
If he's really getting beat up about it it's probably because he's acting like a smartass.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/12/2012 9:15:53 AM
En Sabah Nur posted...
I'm not sure if they're harassed the most or not, but I know that Sony fans all seem to carry an air of superiority to them.

They made this huge deal about how powerful the PS3 was before it came out and how amazing it would be, and it's really just another console. I have one, I like it for the exclusives, and that's about it. I prefer to use my 360 for everything else, just because. I have some friends though that are too cheap to pay for Xbox Live (that's literally their only issue with 360) and they feel the PS3 is superior simply due to its free online service. There is no way to even argue that Xbox Live is a more stable, integrated service with them. They're stubborn and ignorant. So if your son is like them, I can see why he's getting beat up (but really, check that out. Bullying isn't cool).

You can find fans like that for anything. Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, their favorite sports team, their favorite car manufacturer, etc., etc. Are you saying that there are just more Sony fans that are like that than there are Nintendo and Microsoft fans? Because I find that hard to believe.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#8KidInTheHallPosted 11/12/2012 9:32:53 AM
Xbox, PC and Nintendo fans are harrassed and beaten by the dozens but Sony fans by the hundreds.

This is not a good time to be pure Sony. Chances of survival are very low.
---
RIP - Babygirl 11/2002- 4/24/2012
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#9nihilist212Posted 11/12/2012 9:34:15 AM
Tell him to stop playing games so much and hit the gym. That would end his problems right there.
---
Sometimes you've got to say "hey, i'm gonna **** you.....softly"
psn: jcvdismyhero
#10RollingCradlePosted 11/12/2012 9:54:48 AM
They definitely whine the most.