This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Controllers (all of them) keep unsyncing from PS3

#1JetPilotPosted 11/12/2012 12:09:58 PM(edited)
Once my PS3 Slim shuts down and remains off for about an hour, all of the controllers unsync from the console. I shut down the console using the controller the previous time. All three controllers have a full charge. All three are first-party Sony DualShock 3's. No mods have been made to either the system or the controllers.

I can't turn the system on with the controller. When I turn the system on with the button on the console itself, the system doesn't recognize the controllers (the controllers just rapidly flash all four lights).

None of the controllers will sync just by plugging them into the console via USB either unless I press the reset button on the back of each controller. However once I shut the system down, they all lose sync.

The only way to get them all to resync is to completely remove power from the PS3 by pulling the power cord (with the system off, of course) and then plugging it back in. Then magically all of the controllers work again.

Until I power down the system that is. Then I need to pull the power cord and go through the same steps when I want to use it again.

It's not a controller issue, as the problem persists across all three controllers. This just started yesterday. I can't find any settings that the kids may have changed on the console that would affect this.

Any ideas? Thanks.
---
PSN: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i").
#2JetPilot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 12:19:44 PM
Bump
---
#3ComfortablySadPosted 11/12/2012 12:23:56 PM
That's messed up.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#4ComfortablySadPosted 11/12/2012 12:34:24 PM
Best I could find.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical/PS3-controller-won-t-connect-corrupt-wireless-controller-code/td-p/12652081
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#5JetPilot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 1:02:00 PM
I just did a "Restore File System" and a "Rebuild Database"...no idea if that worked. Probably won't know until later. :-/
---
#6JetPilot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 2:14:49 PM
Completely removed power. Then I booted the PS3 into system menu and then rebuilt the database and restored the file system. Then I reset and resynced all of the controllers twice.

So far all of that has worked. I tried leaving the console off for 2 hours, then 4 hours, then 16 hours. So far it is working.
---
#7kuterPosted 11/13/2012 9:06:17 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
Best I could find.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical/PS3-controller-won-t-connect-corrupt-wireless-controller-code/td-p/12652081

The : Turn off with PS button w/ usb cable on and then turning it back on with the cable worked for me