This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whinniest fanbase? Which fanbase has the most pathetic sense of entitlement

#131SuffurixPosted 11/12/2012 9:03:32 PM
The CoD fanbase isn't whiny per se. It's more like they just try to praise a series that is complete drivel and then everyone else gets whiny because everyone knows that CoD has been complete and utter s*** for the last several years. I have to agree though, that the Final Fantasy fanbase is indeed the whiniest fanbase ever imagined. I'm part of it, ashamed to say, and I can see the reason why actually. The thing is, because each and every Final Fantasy is so radically different from each other, it divides fans massively over each and every one, so you almost never have two people who liked and disliked the exact same FF titles.
#132YoungGganonPosted 11/12/2012 9:08:20 PM(edited)
The Mass Effect fanbase is super aggravating with all the Indoctrination theory garbage, but if you're knocking on Bioware for giving them a free DLC ending you clearly don't know the full story.

It barely even added anything, just conjecture since the fanbase is filled with idiots who can't figure out things for themselves. I'm a fan of it too, but everything included in the DLC endings I just kind of assumed happened. I didn't think all that extra stuff was needed, and explaining things further doesn't degrade a company, if anything it would raise it in it's fans eyes. I don't see the problem with Bioware giving out free DLC to explain things more clearly. If anything the Indoctrination Theory was more annoying than that.

I don't think one fanbase really out whines the others. Each one you've listed have had reasonable and logical complaints, except the COD one, they pretty much get what they want, and don't really come off as whiney as a member of those fanbases.

I want to say FF, mostly because it's so divided. So many of the older fans hate the new direction and voice their opinions, but then get flamed by new fans, and generally stupider fans, about clinging to nostalgia. That's not really a bad thing when comparing the levels of story or character development, XIII is severely lacking. I feel like this topic is more about how annoying or bi-polar fanbases are.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#133DarkSymbiotePosted 11/12/2012 9:04:55 PM
Dark Souls fanbase.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#134-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:05:36 PM
Poll closed, but discussion can continue
#135JeroisourosinPosted 11/12/2012 9:15:33 PM
Sony fanbase
---
Official Nargacuga of the MH3/U board
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#136Still__RippinPosted 11/12/2012 9:19:35 PM
Everyone knows Damien doesn't use the vote only one per IP option right? He and his COD gating friends just vote that option to troll on their 40 different accounts. Good to see people that are actually posting know the COD fanbase in anything but whiny. lf anything it just shows how sad the TC really is that he even included the option. And how is jumping on everyone who says sony fanbase. l've always despised the term "sony pony" and l can't believe l am even using it but Damien is one if l've ever saw it. And l have a Playstation tattoo.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#137OEIO999Posted 11/12/2012 9:19:43 PM
FF fan base hands down
#138-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:21:05 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Everyone knows Damien doesn't use the vote only one per IP option right? He and his COD gating friends just vote that option to troll on their 40 different accounts. Good to see people that are actually posting know the COD fanbase in anything but whiny. lf anything it just shows how sad the TC really is that he even included the option. And how is jumping on everyone who says sony fanbase. l've always despised the term "sony pony" and l can't believe l am even using it but Damien is one if l've ever saw it. And l have a Playstation tattoo.

You can go to my ignore list you little ****
#139ShinXaguraPosted 11/12/2012 9:26:04 PM
IMO, the Internet fanbase
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#140KCJ5062Posted 11/12/2012 9:29:37 PM
The Sonic fanbase.

Green eyes. Boo-hoo.