This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whinniest fanbase? Which fanbase has the most pathetic sense of entitlement

#151mainframe004Posted 11/12/2012 9:24:15 PM
Why is there no option for Blizzard? The kids over at the Diablo III forums never shut up.
---
Battle.net: EthanKairos#980
#152aj4x94Posted 11/12/2012 9:24:54 PM
Um, hello? Bioware fans?
---
Kept you waiting, huh?
Currently playing: Doom 3 BFG Edition, ICO and Shadow of the Collossus HD, Alice: The Madness Returns
#153Haseo18615Posted 11/12/2012 9:25:28 PM
I can't pick just one, so here's my top three.
Sonic: They whine every time the voice actors change, every time that a new gameplay element is added, the fact that the modern designs were used in Sonic 4, and even minor things, like when I saw someone say that Sonic Generations (one of the best Sonic games in years) you didn't fight Perfect Chaos as Super Sonic.

Mass Effect: The whole Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco got WAY out of hand, along with people declaring that the game would suck before release because it had multiplayer (which turned out to be surprisingly fun and gets updated FOR FREE), plus the Indoctrination Theory that they kept shoving down everyone's throats which can be disproven very easily.

Anti-Nintendo: As the saying goes, "Nintendo: Doomed since 1889". I'm not a Nintendo fanboy myself (I use my 360 and PS3 MUCH more often than my Wii), but I still think it's stupid and ignorant to base a console's quality on its graphical power and the fact that it's trying to appeal to a wider variety of gamers.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?-envoyofuno
#154Lelouch71Posted 11/12/2012 9:40:00 PM
Sony's fanbase easily. They make FF fanboys/haters look tame in comparison and that's saying something.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#155mtjormitchPosted 11/12/2012 9:43:57 PM
SwiftWind11 posted...
mtjormitch posted...
Rafedx posted...
-Damien- posted...
Which fanbase is the whinniest? The fanbase with the biggest sense of entitlement as if they can demand anything they want

Mass Effect by far, they whined so hard and cried so loud they got a change in the ending.

Some people were acting like the ending was the highlight of their life and the fact is was not done to the standard they wanted caused a ripple in time and caused a huge surge of babies to stand up and cry foul, class action lawsuit, giving money to a charity they believed was going to change the ending only to want the donations back once they figured out that was not going to happen.

I have yet to see any other fanbase be that horrible of human beings so they get my vote for the worst fanbase.

Once another fanbase wants donations back from a charity they will be a contender to the top spot. Also you cannot forget the direct attacks towards some of the developers, death threats and "rape" threats to female staff, etc. A bunch of babies crying and issuing death threats over an ending they seem to take pride in for playing the game yet having no hand in the development or ownership of the game, yet they will take credit for beating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmagNjcrV4 explains it all really.

Sorry that the ending of a trilogy of video games had to be changed from something that was crap to better smelling crap then.

I will defend the fact that I attacked them because, you know what, Story freaking matter and if you people don't stand up and say so, you don't deserve good video games. ME series was ruined, not by us, not by EA, but by Bioware itself by creating the worst ending I have ever seen in any piece of fiction. I am not joking.

Story matters, you mess with story, you mess with people like me.

Maybe you disagree with them and could complain, but there's NO way you can justify things such as death threats because a company didn't give you the perfect video game ending. That's just ridiculous.

Only like... a fraction of a fraction of fans even made death threats... heck, it was at most, five guys at least. Not the whole fanbase... you are looking at the VERY worst of it, while most of it was just regularly pissed.

This is judging Christians by the Westburos baptist church instead by the majority of them which are nice to alright people. That level of moronic.

Just saying.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#156mtjormitchPosted 11/12/2012 9:49:23 PM
YoungGganon posted...
The Mass Effect fanbase is super aggravating with all the Indoctrination theory garbage, but if you're knocking on Bioware for giving them a free DLC ending you clearly don't know the full story.

It barely even added anything, just conjecture since the fanbase is filled with idiots who can't figure out things for themselves. I'm a fan of it too, but everything included in the DLC endings I just kind of assumed happened. I didn't think all that extra stuff was needed, and explaining things further doesn't degrade a company, if anything it would raise it in it's fans eyes. I don't see the problem with Bioware giving out free DLC to explain things more clearly. If anything the Indoctrination Theory was more annoying than that.

I don't think one fanbase really out whines the others. Each one you've listed have had reasonable and logical complaints, except the COD one, they pretty much get what they want, and don't really come off as whiney as a member of those fanbases.

I want to say FF, mostly because it's so divided. So many of the older fans hate the new direction and voice their opinions, but then get flamed by new fans, and generally stupider fans, about clinging to nostalgia. That's not really a bad thing when comparing the levels of story or character development, XIII is severely lacking. I feel like this topic is more about how annoying or bi-polar fanbases are.

I should mention that the ending still was wretched beyond belief. Considering the fact it was... more or less, the most basic thing they could do with all the still images all the while it did nothing but extend the dog turd of a ending... but instead of it smelling like dog turd they just febreezed it.

That is the ending of ME3 in a nutshell... a better smelling dog turd.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#157theofficefan99Posted 11/12/2012 9:50:03 PM
HeyZeuss posted...
How 'bout the 'video games in general' fanbase? Seriously. Bunch of spoiled rotten brats these days, who have no idea how good they have it, who take everything for granted. Games (In general, not overall) have improved by leaps and bounds over the years, and still people whine about graphics, bugs, DLC etc.... Nor do they seem to understand the massive amount of work and coding that goes goes into programming a game. Seriously, be happy with what you have, some kids in the world are happy with a ball and a stick to hit it with, and that's ALL they have.

Using this logic, why are you complaining about complaining? There are kids out there who are happy if they interact with people once a month, and that's ALL they have. You should be grateful that you have the gift of the internet and that you can see people complaining.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#158theofficefan99Posted 11/12/2012 9:50:23 PM
mainframe004 posted...
Why is there no option for Blizzard? The kids over at the Diablo III forums never shut up.

Because Diablo III is a disgrace.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#159youwiththefacePosted 11/12/2012 9:55:55 PM
No pc Gaming option
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ you're seeing red ||||||||||||||||||||||||| you're seeing green
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] you're seeing blue ~G~ results may vary
#160Leon_HisaragiPosted 11/12/2012 10:04:50 PM
Lol at people saying CoD fans don't complain. They definitely do, although not as much as other fan bases I must say.

Honestly, I think this topic is very misguided. Yeah, gamers can whine and be very annoying, but alot of times they have a point.

DMC? Look at the direction that series has been taken in. Would you like such a radical, unnecessary change to such iconic features in your franchise?

FF? Yes, as divided as fans may be, they can at least agree on a good majority of what the high-quality FF's are. The newer FFs have such jaw-dropping design flaws it's almost unbelievable that it was passed for development. They're also milking the FF13 series now, a FF that a good majority of FF fans don't want. Throw in the fact that FFV13 is still nowhere near completion and the fact that KH3 has little to no info, but still have time to make an HD collection of the KH series that might not even be coming to NA and you'd damn well be pissed too.

Megaman? There's not even a Megaman to whine about lol. His lack of inclusion in MvC3 while other unwanted characters made it and that disgraceful look he was given in SFXTekken is blatant disrespect for the fans.

Mass Effect? While I don't condone the actions they took, the ending was an absolute slap in the face. After investing so much personal time and money into the story just to have all of your decisions and choices all thrown out the window is good reason to get upset, especially when the developers promised you the endings you deserve and don't fulfill it.

Tales? NA fans were constantly getting screwed out of their games. The ones they did get were inferior to the ones Japanese fans got.

I could go on and on and on about why each fanbase has a right to be upset. It's like the majority of developers today have all lost touch with their fanbase. I don't completely blame them when you see how much of a radical change the video game market has had. But come on, you can't act like the fans are getting upset just for the sake of getting upset, there's legitimate reasons for this.

Once you really get to know some of these fans, (the ones that don't attack you. *They do exist*) you will see that they have good reason to be upset. Some of them might take it out in an absolutely horrific manner and that doesn't excuse them either. But once you've been screwed over enough, you would lose it too.
---
I Never know what to put in these.