This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whinniest fanbase? Which fanbase has the most pathetic sense of entitlement

#161badboyPosted 11/12/2012 11:06:48 PM(edited)
FF Fanbase are the whiniest, more specifically FF7 Fanbase
Nintendo Fanbase are the worst
#162theofficefan99Posted 11/12/2012 11:07:28 PM
Leon_Hisaragi posted...
Lol at people saying CoD fans don't complain. They definitely do, although not as much as other fan bases I must say.

Honestly, I think this topic is very misguided. Yeah, gamers can whine and be very annoying, but alot of times they have a point.

DMC? Look at the direction that series has been taken in. Would you like such a radical, unnecessary change to such iconic features in your franchise?

FF? Yes, as divided as fans may be, they can at least agree on a good majority of what the high-quality FF's are. The newer FFs have such jaw-dropping design flaws it's almost unbelievable that it was passed for development. They're also milking the FF13 series now, a FF that a good majority of FF fans don't want. Throw in the fact that FFV13 is still nowhere near completion and the fact that KH3 has little to no info, but still have time to make an HD collection of the KH series that might not even be coming to NA and you'd damn well be pissed too.

Megaman? There's not even a Megaman to whine about lol. His lack of inclusion in MvC3 while other unwanted characters made it and that disgraceful look he was given in SFXTekken is blatant disrespect for the fans.

Mass Effect? While I don't condone the actions they took, the ending was an absolute slap in the face. After investing so much personal time and money into the story just to have all of your decisions and choices all thrown out the window is good reason to get upset, especially when the developers promised you the endings you deserve and don't fulfill it.

Tales? NA fans were constantly getting screwed out of their games. The ones they did get were inferior to the ones Japanese fans got.

I could go on and on and on about why each fanbase has a right to be upset. It's like the majority of developers today have all lost touch with their fanbase. I don't completely blame them when you see how much of a radical change the video game market has had. But come on, you can't act like the fans are getting upset just for the sake of getting upset, there's legitimate reasons for this.

Once you really get to know some of these fans, (the ones that don't attack you. *They do exist*) you will see that they have good reason to be upset. Some of them might take it out in an absolutely horrific manner and that doesn't excuse them either. But once you've been screwed over enough, you would lose it too.

Thank you. A lot of these people have legitimate reasons to complain. Even Final Fantasy fans, because I'm turning into the ones that whine. I'm not one of the "FF HASN'T BEEN GOOD FOR 10 YEARS!!!" people, but I am definitely pissed off at Square Enix for making so many derpy decisions for the past few years with everything.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#163DrYnotPosted 11/12/2012 11:10:58 PM
I'd say the people who whine about 'whiners' (read here as people who don't swallow up vapid, inane s*** and ask for seconds while praising the name of these wonderful omnibenevolent game companies) are probably the worst of all.

So...I guess this is a write-in ballot? My point is OP is a moron.
#164Rogue_MercurialPosted 11/12/2012 11:25:00 PM
Sony. Obviously.
---
Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed.
#165SightoPosted 11/12/2012 11:28:02 PM
Where's the Dark/Demon's Souls fanbase? They're the worst.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#166HeyZeussPosted 11/12/2012 11:35:20 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
HeyZeuss posted...
How 'bout the 'video games in general' fanbase? Seriously. Bunch of spoiled rotten brats these days, who have no idea how good they have it, who take everything for granted. Games (In general, not overall) have improved by leaps and bounds over the years, and still people whine about graphics, bugs, DLC etc.... Nor do they seem to understand the massive amount of work and coding that goes goes into programming a game. Seriously, be happy with what you have, some kids in the world are happy with a ball and a stick to hit it with, and that's ALL they have.

Using this logic, why are you complaining about complaining? There are kids out there who are happy if they interact with people once a month, and that's ALL they have. You should be grateful that you have the gift of the internet and that you can see people complaining.

Yeah good point. Not sure why I waste my time ;P
#167BenzychenzPosted 11/13/2012 12:31:15 AM
Number1Survivor posted...
Sony fanbase, easily. Just look at this board.

---
I don't have a sig
#168UnbralPosted 11/13/2012 1:08:59 AM
Shin Megami Tensei fanbase or FF7/popular game hatebase.
---
The official Tenkai of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#169LoshadtPosted 11/13/2012 1:10:58 AM(edited)
How can a fanbase be 'entitled'? And this is ignoring the fact that the way this word is being used right now is completely incorrect.

People have the right to criticize a commercial product if they feel it doesn't meet their expectations. Or have you forgotten the fact that game developers and publishers are first and foremost a business and NOT a charity? Dark Souls PC was an awful port, inexcusably bad really. I bought it and I enjoy it, but to call the port anything less than a shining example of mass-incompetence would be an understatement.

The biggest problem facing the video game industry isn't DLC, or paid reviews, or awful developers/publishers. It's the army slavering chimpanzees that will lash out at anyone who makes any criticism toward their medium of choice (valid or otherwise). The whole DmC fiasco is a shining example of this, somehow fans of the original series are acting 'entitled' for this whole mess.

Ninja Theory essentially told the original fanbase to go f*** itself, quickly realized how stupid that was, and spent the remainder of the game's development cycle trying to win them back with pandering almost as hilariously vapid and uninspired as the game itself. How exactly are they supposed to react to that?
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#170rofflchopperPosted 11/13/2012 1:12:16 AM
Number1Survivor posted...
Sony fanbase, easily. Just look at this board.

Exactly. lol. I'm kind of surprised at the poll, but not really considering what board this is. The CoD fanbase is pretty content with it's games. Sure there are things in each one that need to be fixed, but what game doesn't. The people that complain the most about it are people who have no interest in the game to begin with.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.