This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whinniest fanbase? Which fanbase has the most pathetic sense of entitlement

#171UniversquallPosted 11/13/2012 1:22:54 AM
The Wii60 hive wasn't listed. What are you doing, Damien Souls?
---
After the Fallout
#172mikmalotPosted 11/13/2012 10:45:24 AM
I voted Final Fantasy. We're pretty whiny.
---
Descartes is sitting in a bar, having a drink. The bartender asks him if he wants another. "I think not," he says and vanishes in a puff of logic.
#173THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 11/13/2012 10:52:52 AM
Alot of Sony haters in here....they must have some real jerks over there at Sony. Well as long as it's not "Playstation" hate then I guess it's OK.

I too have issues with their TV and camera prices aswell. OVERPRICED!!!
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#174gucciburrrPosted 11/13/2012 10:57:37 AM
Poll shows how delusional this site is. A high majority of CoD topics are complaints from people who include "I have not played a CoD since...." in their rants. Yet, the CoD fambase is the worst. I also can't tell how bad the Sony fanbase is being that half the population on this board consist of groupies of other consoles along with their alias accounts.
#175ChaingunmasterPosted 11/13/2012 10:59:29 AM
The two I imagined most likely to be first were neck and neck, not surprised.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#176-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 11:10:32 AM
Rogue_Mercurial posted...
Sony. Obviously.

Sighto posted...
Where's the Dark/Demon's Souls fanbase? They're the worst.

sorry guys, Sony and Souls fanbase are not in the menu
#177jakestar0306Posted 11/13/2012 1:47:22 PM
I still think it's Sony.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#178WHATZITUYAPosted 11/13/2012 3:23:50 PM
Sega Fanbase? It looks to be mostly, if not all, Sonic to me...
---
What the...? Are you kidding me? Seriously?! Well...it's your opinion.
#179Leon_HisaragiPosted 11/13/2012 7:35:27 PM
Loshadt posted...
How can a fanbase be 'entitled'? And this is ignoring the fact that the way this word is being used right now is completely incorrect.

People have the right to criticize a commercial product if they feel it doesn't meet their expectations. Or have you forgotten the fact that game developers and publishers are first and foremost a business and NOT a charity? Dark Souls PC was an awful port, inexcusably bad really. I bought it and I enjoy it, but to call the port anything less than a shining example of mass-incompetence would be an understatement.

The biggest problem facing the video game industry isn't DLC, or paid reviews, or awful developers/publishers. It's the army slavering chimpanzees that will lash out at anyone who makes any criticism toward their medium of choice (valid or otherwise). The whole DmC fiasco is a shining example of this, somehow fans of the original series are acting 'entitled' for this whole mess.

Ninja Theory essentially told the original fanbase to go f*** itself, quickly realized how stupid that was, and spent the remainder of the game's development cycle trying to win them back with pandering almost as hilariously vapid and uninspired as the game itself. How exactly are they supposed to react to that?

Thank you for pointing out the real meaning of entitled. That business and charity comparison was pretty smart. I guarantee you that anyone here calling a fanbase 'whiny' would react the same way if their franchise suffered some of the plagues that others have suffered. It's as if people believe that we should just take whatever crap a developer wants to throw at us and ask for second helpings.

With that kind of mentality, I guess the whole world should just take whatever crap anyone wants to throw at you, jaw dropped opened and arms stretched out for them right? -_-

Because if we as gamers just cut the throats of those who we don't agree with and don't have a sense of unity, then companies like Capcom, Activision and EA (Ubisoft imo too) will always get away with the crap they pull & the developers will think it's okay to release subpar games.

I also think a more accurate topic would be "Which fanbase got screwed over the most?" or "Which fanbase has the most reason to be upset?"
---
I Never know what to put in these.
#180DavCubePosted 11/13/2012 8:39:25 PM
All of them. Ever.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube