This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We're a week away from the biggest PS3 exclusive of 2012: PlayStation All Stars!

#61Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 11:43:22 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
monkeyman0111 posted...
I'm excited for the game the combat has a lot of depth

It really does, trying to play it like Smash Bros. is like trying to play a guitar with only one string

Haha good comparison
---
dont stop get it get it - shovel_break :)
^ the only inspirationel guote you need in life
#62Absolutezero93Posted 11/14/2012 12:04:18 AM
PASBR isn't a PS3 exclusive.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#63TerotrousPosted 11/14/2012 12:21:43 AM
You can tell who didn't play the demo in this topic.

Before the demo came out, you would have been fully justified in expecting this game to be crap. Its design seems to revolve around a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes Smash's gameplay fun, much like TMNT Smash Up and other bad Smash clones. But comparing this game to Smash is about as wrong as comparing Smash to a regular fighting game, because although they share some similarities at their core they're very different.

To understand what makes PSAS a good game, you first have to examine why people only ever play Smash in 1vs1. When you play Free For All in Smash, characters who have good kill moves are the only viable ones, because only the character who gets the final hit gets any credit for damaging an opponent. If you did 90% damage to an enemy, and then someone landed a kill move for 15% damage, they'd get a point and you'd get nothing. Of course, this assumes time mode, stock mode is even worse because then it's all about who gangs up on whom.

PSAS attempts to fix this by having each player build up a separate super meter and having all hits be one hit kills. Gone is the poaching of Smash, landing a hit on someone only gives you a little AP and doesn't take anything away from someone else who has been hitting them, and landing a super on an opponent doesn't diminish the AP that another player may have built up from hitting them, either. And ganging up on a player just means that they get triple the AP while the others have to divide the AP between them and can't land good combos. It's finally a game where Free For All is a balanced mode, which on its own makes it a hugely different experience from playing Smash Bros.

Also, even if you don't like some of the character choices, there's a huge degree of variety between them and pretty much all of them are interesting in their own ways.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#64PhaseBlackPosted 11/14/2012 10:30:05 AM
Terotrous posted...
You can tell who didn't play the demo in this topic.

Before the demo came out, you would have been fully justified in expecting this game to be crap. Its design seems to revolve around a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes Smash's gameplay fun, much like TMNT Smash Up and other bad Smash clones. But comparing this game to Smash is about as wrong as comparing Smash to a regular fighting game, because although they share some similarities at their core they're very different.

To understand what makes PSAS a good game, you first have to examine why people only ever play Smash in 1vs1. When you play Free For All in Smash, characters who have good kill moves are the only viable ones, because only the character who gets the final hit gets any credit for damaging an opponent. If you did 90% damage to an enemy, and then someone landed a kill move for 15% damage, they'd get a point and you'd get nothing. Of course, this assumes time mode, stock mode is even worse because then it's all about who gangs up on whom.

PSAS attempts to fix this by having each player build up a separate super meter and having all hits be one hit kills. Gone is the poaching of Smash, landing a hit on someone only gives you a little AP and doesn't take anything away from someone else who has been hitting them, and landing a super on an opponent doesn't diminish the AP that another player may have built up from hitting them, either. And ganging up on a player just means that they get triple the AP while the others have to divide the AP between them and can't land good combos. It's finally a game where Free For All is a balanced mode, which on its own makes it a hugely different experience from playing Smash Bros.

Also, even if you don't like some of the character choices, there's a huge degree of variety between them and pretty much all of them are interesting in their own ways.

Great post
---
PSVita & 3DS
#65TerotrousPosted 11/14/2012 11:05:40 AM
Also, I don't see why anyone thinks this game will flop, the beta was very active and the trailers for this game have been gathering a totally insane number of views.
---
#66monkeypahngPosted 11/14/2012 11:14:40 AM
Suddenly Raiden is worth mentioning, despite the fact nobody even liked him when he made his first appearance.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#67TerotrousPosted 11/14/2012 11:23:03 AM
Well, he has developed into something other than just "not Snake".
---
#68PhaseBlackPosted 11/14/2012 12:24:06 PM
monkeypahng posted...
Suddenly Raiden is worth mentioning, despite the fact nobody even liked him when he made his first appearance.

MGR looks pretty damn insane, Raiden is cool with me
---
PSVita & 3DS
#69Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 4:27:09 PM
bUMP!
---
dont stop get it get it - shovel_break :)
^ the only inspirationel guote you need in life
#70tigerex777Posted 11/14/2012 4:51:26 PM
I heard the new DLC has more variations of Kratos.. day 1 buy
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64