This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC:DmC vs MGR

#1velvet_hammerPosted 11/12/2012 7:16:25 PM
Which gameplay looks better - Results (144 votes)
DmC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A1tG1y_pf4
14.58% (21 votes)
MGR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOxP7Twb5vA
85.42% (123 votes)
This poll is now closed.
MGR for me.. Also seems to be from the beginning of the game so I expect more moves and weapons.

Not sure when that DmC video takes place but it looks better then I thought it would
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/12/2012 7:17:51 PM
MGR looks so much better its not even funny. Which is not surprising, since its developed by the king of the action genre, while DmC is developed by a developer that has yet to release a decent game.
#3Devilman_AmonPosted 11/12/2012 7:18:50 PM
MGR only **** on the series slightly

DmC **** on the series like a huge diarrhea explosion
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#4RayconPosted 11/12/2012 7:19:34 PM
I plan to buy neither. But at least MGR isn't obnoxious to watch. >_<
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#5velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 7:20:20 PM
This video also showed some stealth.. It looks like MGR will feature decent ai and more stealth then I imagined
---
#6MourningReignsPosted 11/12/2012 7:21:20 PM
No matter if DmC is better, this board will hate it and love MGR.

Metal Gear is a beloved series here, and MGR is handled by Platinum...another darling around these boards. Throw on top of it, it's a Japanese company.

Then we go to DmC. Capcom is now hated here, they outsourced the game to a Western Developer, Ninja Theory. They also think they've been done wrong with a new aesthetic.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#7ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/12/2012 7:21:40 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
MGR only **** on the series slightly

Why did you censor "improves"?
#8velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 7:23:57 PM
MourningReigns posted...

Metal Gear is a beloved series here, and MGR is handled by Platinum...another darling around these boards. Throw on top of it, it's a Japanese company.

Then we go to DmC. Capcom is now hated here, they outsourced the game to a Western Developer, Ninja Theory. They also think they've been done wrong with a new aesthetic.

um I'm not biased in no way.. I like playing good games. not mine or anyone else fault some devs have rock solid pedigree.. some devs just live off reputation, P* is one of those devs who actually bring it...
---
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 11/12/2012 7:25:07 PM
MourningReigns posted...

Yes Capcom of NOW is hated but Capcom back THEN was NOT hated when they made Devil May Cry so people don't hate Devil May Cry, they just hate the Capcom of now (mostly due to their business practices) and Ninja Theory getting involved (with this shoddy choppy 30fps reboot no one asked for).
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10FiendingHardPosted 11/12/2012 7:36:29 PM
Is this topic a joke? Platinum has made some of the best action games ever while Ninja Theory has only made two mediocre games.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Assassin's Creed 3, Sine Mora, XCOM, Final Fantasy 6