This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield 3: Sloppiest game ever made

#1TigerJackson_Posted 11/13/2012 6:42:58 AM
This game is horrible.. the prime example of what happens if you just throw stuff in the game just to have it there.. with no balance in mind, just "cuz its cool".

-horrid weapon balance. The game has way too many weapons than needed, so many that any gun that's slightly different will cause the playerbase the scream "overpowered" in which the devs take action and nerf it for no good reason, other than to please crying b******. Also their job of nerfing and buffing is so horrible, i'm convicned they might actually be trolling the playerbase, but idk they could just be that dumb. One gun was nerfed by increasing it's recoil to where it was seriously unusable. They keep buffing guns for no reason to which in the end makes players think they're over powered, players cry, nerf, good gun ruined. So basically every weapon ends up being a clone
Also the whole attachments is horribly implemented, it doesn't even make sense. Like just add a foregrip or heavy barrel and automatically get better aim, if you use anything else you're a fool.

-Vehicles are a joke. For whatever reason, every vehicle has regenerating health. Also the disabled mechanic seems like it was just tacked on to be "realistic", it's just annoying as hell. Every vehicle also has infinite ammo. Why? Infantry doesn't have infinite ammo, why do vehicles? All these things were not present in BF2. This results in non-stop circle chases with jets, if they miss bullets or heatseakers then boohoo, wait for the reload. This wouldn't be such a big deal if they kept it the way it was in BF2 so things could switch up, run out of ammo, and return to your airbase. Another problem is they pretty much gave every vehicle a lock on missle, also infantry, so it is freakin annoying when you have like 8 lock people locking on you.

-the AK maps seemingly tacked on a gunship-plane, without having any balance in mind. They just wanted to have it because "call of duty had it so itz kewl" . It results in nothing but the users bombing the objectives in rush mode, making it impossible to defend.

-the maps are also some of the worst in the series. Op.metro is leterally a tube with no proper flanking routes, nothing but choke points. Making the middle flag in Grand bazaar in a choke-point hallway, where you HAVE to die about 20x just so you can finally get close.

-davamand peak is bad on CQ, pretty good on rush though

-op. firestorm has flagpoints with a range about 100m rather than the usual 20-30, combined with the fact it's already a ghost town map with players in jets and helicopters, makes capturing flags hide-n-seek. You're capturing a flag, but it stops, because somone else is around, they could be on top of a building you can't even reach upon because there's no access.

bad game
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
"Knocc em down"- Taizuku
#2este914Posted 11/13/2012 6:43:47 AM
I have not yet played it, but is it at all similar to MoH? If so, I feel for it, because the last 2 MoH game sucked.
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#3Champ_of_nothinPosted 11/13/2012 7:46:53 AM
Yes TC, I completely agree! BF3 felt like a step BACKWARDS from BFBC2...
---
PSN: e1337beat
pkmn black fc: 4083 5315 8610
#4DrGonzo615Posted 11/13/2012 8:13:13 AM
I definitely have my beef with BF3 but have accepted it for what it is. It still can be fun but i totally agree that its a step back from BC2.
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#5CallmegePosted 11/13/2012 8:13:37 AM
The problem is that bf3 was designed for almost 3x as many players as you can have on console.

Still an amazing game though. Most of your complaints are skill problems. L2p?
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#6OmegaShinkaiPosted 11/13/2012 8:16:14 AM
You're pretty bad at using jets if it always turns into an endless circle fight. Also, that means you're not attacking ground targets with the jets.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 11/13/2012 8:19:43 AM
Sloppiest? I don't know but damn... it's so boring!

inb4 "you are not supposed to play the campaign"

If the devs can't make a decent campaign then they are not very good devs.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#8ManuKesnaPosted 11/13/2012 8:21:15 AM
You waste waaaay too much time hating on games lol
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#9BSerenityPosted 11/13/2012 8:22:23 AM
Champ_of_nothin posted...
Yes TC, I completely agree! BF3 felt like a step BACKWARDS from BFBC2...

Felt the same way. I still prefer BF:BC2
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#10DrGonzo615Posted 11/13/2012 8:24:17 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
If the devs can't make a decent campaign then they are not very good devs.

its all about priorities....MP has and should always take priority over any sort of SP offering in a Battlefield game.
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg