This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol @ you elitists who think graphics are of no value.

#1FOXSOLIDPosted 11/13/2012 3:14:17 PM
Look, nobody cares about how much of a self proclaimed "hardcore gamer" you are. Graphics have proven time and time again that it enhances gameplay and adds so much to the immersion.

Case and point....You tell me if the Uncharted series would have been as well received as it has been if it was a jagged and pixelated mess onscreen?

Or Crysis...or any graphically powerful game?

Do you NEED great graphics to have a fun game? No...but in today's day and age....it should be standard. We would have never been content with pong graphics in 2012 would we? Hell no, that's the answer.

I will always need great gameplay more than anything, but graphics are VERY up there for me because it just enhances the whole experience 10 fold.
#2ashcrvPosted 11/13/2012 3:16:17 PM
Graphics are of no value..
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#3FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:17:55 PM
You're wrong, yes they are. It's not even an opinion, it's fact.

What do you think the first thing people judge "next gen" gaming by? GRAPHICS! That's what.
#4Heartless18Posted 11/13/2012 3:18:28 PM
As long as I get to pew pew pew things, I'm good.

Maybe I'll buy some DLC as well.
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#5Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/13/2012 3:19:34 PM
FOXSOLID posted...

What do you think the first thing people judge "next gen" gaming by? GRAPHICS! That's what.

Cute new schoolers.Really, I love you guys.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#6ashcrvPosted 11/13/2012 3:20:53 PM
FOXSOLID posted...

Nope.
Graphics don't matter.
As long as I can tell what's on the screen and as long as the game's fun it can have old NES graphics in this age for all I care.
It's all about opinions. Like it or not.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#7RyuuHou25Posted 11/13/2012 3:21:22 PM
It's like.....if I play super mario brothers.....I hate it, because the graphics are all 8 bit and I'm not immersedin the game at all!!!

Yet.....having.....so much fun.....can't be......PARADOX!!!

*universe explodes*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#8To_CiPosted 11/13/2012 3:21:25 PM
Personally I think framerate, area size and number of enemies on screen ought to take priority over other graphical aspects. It's ridiculous PS3 games as a whole fare worse than PS2 games especially in the first two categories, probably solely so they can turn out impressive screenshots.
---
I have hesitated as to whether I should say anything or nothing, but, as it is the fashion to say something, I suppose I must comply.
#9FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:24:17 PM(edited)
Video_Game_Czar posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Cute new schoolers.Really, I love you guys.

I'm 26 and started out with an NES.

Take your "8 bit" views elsewhere "elitist" and while you're at it, shave your neck.
#10Flare1721Posted 11/13/2012 3:22:32 PM
I look for gameplay and story over Graphics. Obviously graphics do have some meaning and they should be good if not great but they dont always have to be the best thing over the other factors. Graphics are nice but I want a story to keep me interested in the game like whats going to happen next. I wanna play that game all the time til I beat it I want it to draw me in. I want it to be the game that I say ill play 5 for mins before I hang out with my friend but it end up being another 3 hours.

Gameplay and Story do that for me. I like to see what I can obtain and do to improve my character with abilities, powers ups, etc.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721