This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are cod players considered veterans?

#1necro00Posted 11/13/2012 6:57:43 PM
I mean its a realistic war simulator and most of logged many many hours into it. So are we considered soldiers?
#2AXKSIONPosted 11/13/2012 6:59:30 PM
yes, you fight for our freedoms. now, when i say freedoms, i really mean haliburton, lockheed martin, oil tycoons, and other war profiteers such as those, etc.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#3ManuKesnaPosted 11/13/2012 6:59:55 PM
I dont know but I am pretty sure you are not considered smart
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#4MyEvilTwin7Posted 11/13/2012 7:03:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 7:03:19 PM
ManuKesna posted...
I dont know but I am pretty sure you are not considered smart

Is that so
#6userfrigginamePosted 11/13/2012 7:06:27 PM
Don't dare compare CoD players to actual veterans. They've put themselves in danger constantly, they had friends who they've seen die, and many of them come back home with PTSD, and can't find jobs. Some of them end up getting into a bad life, and also end up killing themselves. Don't you dare compare video game players to veterans. Disrespectful.
#7jubjub360Posted 11/13/2012 7:07:13 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Don't dare compare CoD players to actual veterans. They've put themselves in danger constantly, they had friends who they've seen die, and many of them come back home with PTSD, and can't find jobs. Some of them end up getting into a bad life, and also end up killing themselves. Don't you dare compare video game players to veterans. Disrespectful.

This. And every time greer/AXKSION starts typing his propaganda and his conspiracy theories, it's disrespectful as well.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#8soccerd19Posted 11/13/2012 7:07:41 PM
I would say some of them are. You know the ones that have been to war in real life, and no, fighting with your mom over your bed time doesn’t count as a war.
#9necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 7:08:24 PM
userfrigginame posted...

Lag gives me ptsd
#10Sidewinder1386Posted 11/13/2012 7:11:15 PM
They're veterans of the game they are playing if they can beat the difficulty equivalent to whatever veteran difficulty is in that game. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can't even compare them to the programmers/engineers/etc in the armed forces that don't even see battle.
---
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: Sidewinder1386
FFXI Name: Sidewind Server: Phoenix