This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Buy employees are less knowledgeable then gamestop

#31rahmed51387Posted 11/14/2012 1:15:53 PM
Destin posted...
jabboon posted...
Best Buy is going the Circuit City route and lowering the standards for cheaper employees, we all know how well that worked out for CC lol

do you think that was CC's biggest problem? that they would have survived if they fixed that problem?

Jeez, all these BB's and CC's crapping on their employees on the lookout for DD's and not being able to get them, thereby getting drunk and reporting to AA's.

And I don't mean guns, cards, downloads, or American Airlines.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#32necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 3:34:07 PM
deathsaber79 posted...
jabboon posted...
Best Buy is going the Circuit City route and lowering the standards for cheaper employees, we all know how well that worked out for CC lol

I never knew Best Buy to EVER has knowledgeable associates. They pretty much ignore you, unless you are looking around in their big feature area they are pushing- these days this will most likely happen if you look at smartphones or tablets.

Years ago, it used to be their computer & digital camera departments.

However, I could spend 30 minutes staring directly at a tv or car stereo and no one will come.

BB employees hassle you all the time, and then when you actually do have a question, they dont know the answer to it.
#33chromal187Posted 11/14/2012 4:15:29 PM
I'll chime in and say my local BB has a couple employees that are pretty good. I went to the cell phone area when mine crapped out and this asian guy ( GO FIGURE ! ) knew absolutely what parts of town Verizon was best in and what parts of town AT&T would take over as being better.

Head over to home audio and this kid actually had a few decent ideas as far as setting up some speakers for my computer based off things he bought there.

They aren't all idiots, but yes most of them are there just for a paycheck.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chromal-1611/hero/13334276
#34justchill433Posted 11/14/2012 6:00:17 PM
MERCERnary posted...
I approve of this topic too...they are a big reason I am so dedicated to my local GameStop. Our local BBs are horrible...the employees ask if you need help, but at useless to give any. Example: Young lady approaches my wife and I as we're browsing BLU-RAY movies...ask if she had a title I was looking for since the website said it was out today. 10 minutes of waiting for her in the back go by and she comes back just to say she couldn't find it. Yet when we went back home the website said it WAS in stock at their location....sounds like a lazy employee just hiding in the back for 10 minutes to me.

Heck, my wife won't even go to Best Buy alone because of one employee there! He has a habit of lingering around once she tells him she's fine...he acts like he's sorting things through like expecting her to suddenly need his help. That's not customer service...that's downright stalking. Which really sucks for her cause he "runs" 2-3 areas as well! Games, Movies, and Music. Yet any time I had to ask him for help he too was utterly useless.

People can bash GameStop, I don't care personally...I'll keep handing them money because MY local store is awesome. They are knowledgeable, most are actual gamers, and they don't creep us out. Yeah...they push their sales on me but after 10 years of shopping there I'm used to it and I find no trouble in saying "No thanks" politely so not to ruin their day for doing their job.

End Rant. >.>

I worked at Walmart last year. Somebody came in and asked me if we had something in stock. They were asking for a cat scratching post and I was in produce so I didnt know, but saying that would get me in trouble and any trouble could reduce the hours you got. So I had to go to the back to get a handheld terminal. Let me tell you that it was a pain in the ass to ever find one and nobody ever let you borrow theirs because people wouldnt return them. Finally I had to talk my friend, who was a manager, into using his power to basically take one from somebody. I went and scanned the code and it said we had one in stock so I searched all the aisles near where it should have been and in the back stock, but it was nowhere to be found. I finally got back to them after 10 minutes and told them I couldnt find any. I felt bad but I busted my ass to try and find it. Its not their fault
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#35theshovellerPosted 11/14/2012 6:04:45 PM
justchill433 posted...
I worked at Walmart last year. Somebody came in and asked me if we had something in stock. They were asking for a cat scratching post and I was in produce so I didnt know, but saying that would get me in trouble and any trouble could reduce the hours you got. So I had to go to the back to get a handheld terminal. Let me tell you that it was a pain in the ass to ever find one and nobody ever let you borrow theirs because people wouldnt return them. Finally I had to talk my friend, who was a manager, into using his power to basically take one from somebody. I went and scanned the code and it said we had one in stock so I searched all the aisles near where it should have been and in the back stock, but it was nowhere to be found. I finally got back to them after 10 minutes and told them I couldnt find any. I felt bad but I busted my ass to try and find it. Its not their fault

You know where it was, right? In someone's cart, while they walked through the store with their thumb squarely up their hindquarters. I hated that when I worked retail - system says we have one or two, can't find it anywhere, then it turns out someone was walking around the store with it. Actually had someone spot the other person with it and try to yell at me about it, calling the manager over and everything. He looked at the lady, looked at the guy who had it, and said, "Lady, I can't help he hasn't bought it yet, but he's in possession of it. You want it, you talk to him about it."

He was kind of a cool manager, if a bit of a hardass.
#36Still__RippinPosted 11/14/2012 6:12:39 PM
Ryan Si posted...
TC must be one of those gullible people walking around that believe Red Lobster employees actually "see food differently" like their TV ads claim.

No, they're just young people trying to get by until a better opportunity opens up. They don't care about you, your family, or your food...they fake care just enough not to get fired. Amen to them.

That's why I never tip and treat everyone like equal POS. Amen translates to I believe by the way.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#37BurgerTime79Posted 11/14/2012 6:24:36 PM
I work the opposite side of retail. Unloading the trucks, stocking the shelves, sending the product that doesn't go out on the floor to the backroom to be stored. Even though I have very little customer interaction, I have the knowledge to know what we have, where it is, and how to get more if it's not on the floor. For the hour that I'm there at the same time as customers, I (and my team) know more about what we have than the dayside crew.

I'd be in my own store shopping on a day off during Christmas, and I'd get annoyed by employees telling a customer they didn't know where a basic item was, or where the department even was. Seems the store will hire people who can't even handle a basic job during these times.
As it is now, I've been training people on my shift, and I can't even get them to read something as simple as counting to 6.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#38Ryan SiPosted 11/14/2012 8:43:30 PM(edited)
Still__Rippin posted...
Ryan Si posted...
TC must be one of those gullible people walking around that believe Red Lobster employees actually "see food differently" like their TV ads claim.

No, they're just young people trying to get by until a better opportunity opens up. They don't care about you, your family, or your food...they fake care just enough not to get fired. Amen to them.

That's why I never tip and treat everyone like equal POS. Amen translates to I believe by the way.

Wow, what an a******. You don't tip your waitress or waiter who are more than likely working crappy hours, making not-so-great wages, and just trying to get by? Just because they aren't "dedicated" to their current job (notice I didn't say career) doesn't mean they don't bust their a**** trying to do their job, act polite, and put up with people's crap.

I spent all college and a year or so after (I graduated in 2009) working in the restaurant industry (back of the house) and people with poor attitudes and people who don't tip are just asking to get treated like dirt when they come back. Oh yeah, it's that douche who doesn't tip....whoops, the ten second rule applies right...
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si
#39king_maddenPosted 11/14/2012 8:45:54 PM
where the hell is everyone going where they have the chance to test the knowledge of all BB and GS employees?
#40betamax66Posted 11/14/2012 9:14:07 PM
both have their own special suckiness.