This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone in who works in retail

#1Lan43Posted 11/14/2012 1:16:32 AM
Ever have a racist customer come in and just start causing trouble?

I was working the register today and a lady came in today started cussing at me because i double charged her (Im new so i wasnt aware of this) Then out comes a the word and my manager got mad and told her that swearing and being wont make the situation resolve it self.
---
PSN - Kira42
Lan FC - 2580 2396 4870
#2SonicMonkeysPosted 11/14/2012 1:25:52 AM
I just started working at Target on nights and weekends, which is actually pretty enjoyable when I'm working in the electronics department rather than just straightening shelves or pushing pallets around. Not to mention the 10% team member discount + 5% red card discount for gaming needs.

But to answer your question, no, I haven't dealt with any racist customers.
---
Blame your fate.
#3awesomesauce13Posted 11/14/2012 1:29:07 AM
I work at the local McDonalds at the moment, not retail obviously but close enough for the purposes of this topic. I've never had any racist stuff, although I can tell some of the customers get pretty peeved when they can barely understand some of the Indian girls that work there, and the Chinese girl who used to work there.
#4iPr0kkaFTWPosted 11/14/2012 1:48:19 AM
I used to work as a sales associate at Best Buy and yes I've been cussed at numerous times from angry customers time to time. I remember a group of punk ass teens were trying to return an opened game (warranty expired) and I explained to them they cannot return it for an exchange. The teens were obnoxiously hollering and finally one of them was like "Ah f*** this s***" and flipped me. They also knocked down some merchandise before they left but was detained shortly by mall security.

As for racists, yes... I actually did encounter a racist during my tenure. I know this person had a really bad day but there was no need to burst out derogatory remarks because this person bought the wrong smartphone. I tried to reason with this person and I was unaware of this person's situation because I was not the salesman that sold the phone to this individual in the first place. That person had the audacity to throw the smartphone at my face and screamed "F*** you!!", yelled some more crap and angrily walked out the store but was later confronted by other BB employees.

That incident really pissed me off for weeks... maybe months....
#5Evel138Posted 11/14/2012 1:59:35 AM
Where was the racist part of that story?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#6iPr0kkaFTWPosted 11/14/2012 2:01:54 AM
Evel138 posted...

Let me add that that person did say racist things while yelling (not going to post that crap here).
#7RintonPosted 11/14/2012 2:04:10 AM
Restaurants are so much worse. Amar'e Stoudemire's mom used to come into my restaurant. There's nothing worse than getting yelled at because you're white while a table camps in your section for 3 hours and then doesn't tip a dime. Did I mention that she lives off of her son who has a 100 million dollar basketball contract right now, and that it was an upscale restaurant?

Now I live in Kauai, Hawaii and locals aren't vocal about their being racist. Still get some hate for my skin color, but atleast the guests in my restaurant are all American or Asian tourists and very nice to me.
#8awesomesauce13Posted 11/14/2012 2:19:49 AM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
Evel138 posted...

Let me add that that person did say racist things while yelling (not going to post that crap here).

I think he was talking about the original post, he says racist at the start then his story doesn't mention any racism
#9iPr0kkaFTWPosted 11/14/2012 2:22:07 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
Evel138 posted...

I think he was talking about the original post, he says racist at the start then his story doesn't mention any racism

I'm assuming the TC's story had racism, probably using a derogatory word (maybe the n-word?).
#10The_iKhanPosted 11/14/2012 2:27:24 AM
**** hits the fan during the holiday season. I used to work retail and I was accused of being a racist at least 3 times a week for the simple act of asking for ID when they wanted to pay with a card. I had to kick one guy out of the store after he started yelling at one of my employees because she asked for his ID. He was literally hunched over the counter screaming at her, calling her racist and other names. All because it was the store's policy to ask for ID when paying with a credit card.

God, I despise people.
---
i-KHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!
PoW User of the Year 200hahayearightlolno