This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku: Sony Is Turning into a Ghost in Japan and Around the World

#11RedwingedMinxPosted 11/14/2012 2:23:07 AM
If what I read about the PS4 is true if they arent dead now they will be when it comes out. At least when it comes to gamers who aren't rich. I dont care so long as the series I like end up elsewhere if it comes down to that. (Disgaea, Tales of, SMT-this one already has)
#12RintonPosted 11/14/2012 2:25:41 AM
Alltra posted...
Which, in the grand scheme of things, is about 5 minutes. If that.....

That doesn't make any sense at all. In the grand scheme of things it was multiple decades. Sony brought the whole world forward because they were competing with other companies. Other companies in turn brought the excesses of human technology to the consumer in better and more cost effective ways.

Competition is the reason we ever moved out of the Dark Ages. Hell, it's the reason we ever made it to the level of technology we had in the Dark Ages in the first place.
#13CrimsonGear80Posted 11/14/2012 2:27:27 AM
another one of these articles.

the only thing that's a ghost is the horse that has been beaten to death.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#14RintonPosted 11/14/2012 2:27:32 AM
RedwingedMinx posted...
If what I read about the PS4 is true if they arent dead now they will be when it comes out. At least when it comes to gamers who aren't rich. I dont care so long as the series I like end up elsewhere if it comes down to that. (Disgaea, Tales of, SMT-this one already has)

Gaming is a small part of Sony's financial success.
#15SophisticationPosted 11/14/2012 2:27:44 AM
Game blogger trying to do a breakout article to get noticed. How dramatic can you possibly get? Pathetic. If this smacks writing the book count me out.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#16Kage_AM2Posted 11/14/2012 2:29:32 AM
They need to go back to what made them successful. A cheap and small elegant console with all the 3rd party support. Right now the PS3 is basically the Xbox of this gen: overpriced, too big and not many 3rd party exclusives.
#17UniversquallPosted 11/14/2012 2:30:30 AM
RedwingedMinx posted...

lol
---
After the Fallout
#18RintonPosted 11/14/2012 2:30:32 AM
Kage_AM2 posted...
They need to go back to what made them successful. A cheap and small elegant console with all the 3rd party support. Right now the PS3 is basically the Xbox of this gen: overpriced, too big and not many 3rd party exclusives.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I think what made them their fortune was CD players and DVD drives...
#19AlltraPosted 11/14/2012 2:36:00 AM(edited)
Humanity's greatest accomplishments were made through teamwork and cooperation, not competition.

Competition is pointless and destructive. Look at what it got Sony. What do they have to show for all their hard work and competitive spirit now? A failing company and a great deal of frustration and anguish, while others leech off their progressive ideas.

The reason we moved out of the dark ages is because 2/3 of the population were killed, and people didn't have to compete because there was more than enough to go around. WIthout all that competition, people didn't have to work as hard, and were able to devote the extra time they had toward advancing knowledge, which is what ultimately blossomed into the "Age of Enlightenment".
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#20RintonPosted 11/14/2012 2:35:10 AM
Alltra posted...
Humanity's greatest accomplishments were made through teamwork and cooperation, not competition.

Competition is pointless and destructive. Look at what it got Sony. What do they have to show for all their hard work and competitive spirit now? A failing company and a great deal of frustration and anguish, while others leech off their progressive ideas.

Trololololololololo