This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku: Sony Is Turning into a Ghost in Japan and Around the World

#21ChaingunmasterPosted 11/14/2012 2:36:05 AM
Alltra posted...
Humanity's greatest accomplishments were made through teamwork and cooperation, not competition.

Competition is pointless and destructive.

Oh no, not that hippy BS...
Look, violence is bad. Fine. Intolerance is not a good thing, ok. But competition is NOT pointless. Go watch the South Park episode "Sarcastaball".
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#22kcypher2000Posted 11/14/2012 3:18:02 AM
Rinton posted...
RedwingedMinx posted...
If what I read about the PS4 is true if they arent dead now they will be when it comes out. At least when it comes to gamers who aren't rich. I dont care so long as the series I like end up elsewhere if it comes down to that. (Disgaea, Tales of, SMT-this one already has)

Gaming is a small part of Sony's financial success.

What financial success?
#23SophisticationPosted 11/14/2012 3:25:25 AM
Sony's movie, music and games department's aren't going anywhere... they will be delivering ps4, movies and music for years to come. Maybe not in the capacity that they are now, or even how they are now -- but they will be there. I expect them to downsize the company in 2014 to be honest. Cutting tv's, phones and maybe computers from production.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#24digidevilwilPosted 11/14/2012 3:26:18 AM
PS3 killed them, PS3 killed them, PS3 killed them.

If they would have just made a real console, instead of making some silly box of wires they could brag about.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#25doraemonllh1989Posted 11/14/2012 3:27:02 AM
i think they should give up other division and change it to Sony Playstation Entertainment or something like that
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#26KlobziPosted 11/14/2012 3:31:04 AM
Let's see here; how about the economical crisis? Does Kotaku have any idea what has been going on for the past 5 years? Sony is struck by the crisis and needs to cut down on the costs, that means decreasing their number of stores.

If there are dozens of articles and books written about Sony, then why does Kotaku claim it's turned into a ghost? Obviously people are still paying attention to it, enough attention to warrant books and articles about it.
#27Mutant1988Posted 11/14/2012 3:32:19 AM
Alltra posted...
Complacency killed Sony.

If anything, it was this.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#28doraemonllh1989Posted 11/14/2012 3:40:12 AM
digidevilwil posted...
PS3 killed them, PS3 killed them, PS3 killed them.

If they would have just made a real console, instead of making some silly box of wires they could brag about.

....really?ps3 killed their OVERALL business?are you high=.=
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#29Kaze_MemaryuPosted 11/14/2012 3:47:23 AM
Man... Sony sure has taken a lot of beating over time, but a Ghost?! In JAPAN, of all countries? If I remember correctly, the PS3 still rules console competition, or have I overslept horribly?
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#30KlobziPosted 11/14/2012 3:55:27 AM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Man... Sony sure has taken a lot of beating over time, but a Ghost?! In JAPAN, of all countries? If I remember correctly, the PS3 still rules console competition, or have I overslept horribly?

Yeah, you still see PS3 games and consoles selling pretty well.