This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku: Sony Is Turning into a Ghost in Japan and Around the World

#31zelda_king3Posted 11/14/2012 3:11:29 AM
PS3 and PSP consoles/games still sell a lot in Japan and there is still games being bought majorly in America/Europe for PS3.

They aren't doing as well as they were in the PS2 era, but they are over exaggerating.
---
PSN: Spud_Commando
3DS FC: 4296 - 3935 - 6562
#32PHEEliNUXPosted 11/14/2012 3:32:34 AM
Turning into a ghost? wat?
#334dfmaEFPosted 11/14/2012 3:38:40 AM
GFAQS members stupidity killed Sony.
---
Updates available my ass.
#34Evel138Posted 11/14/2012 3:45:08 AM
Pride cometh before the fall.

I think $599 US dollars and the suggestion that everyone would rush right out to get a second job/afford a PS3 is the epitome of SONYs failed business philosophy.

Now, granted they've really made strides to correct that, especially concerning the PS brand, over the last few years, but it may be too little, too late. At least regarding their former glory.....I don't think SONY is doomed or anything.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#35BirgitteSilverPosted 11/14/2012 3:46:33 AM
Klobzi posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Man... Sony sure has taken a lot of beating over time, but a Ghost?! In JAPAN, of all countries? If I remember correctly, the PS3 still rules console competition, or have I overslept horribly?

Yeah, you still see PS3 games and consoles selling pretty well.

People who only pay attention to the US numbers(and web sites) probably have no idea that the PS3 and 360 are neck and neck in total sales, because all they know is that the 360's winning North America handily.
#36El_ZaggyPosted 11/14/2012 4:00:37 AM
Sony is HUGE and I think this article is dumb seeing how many electronicd stuff sony sells per years if you dont look at the video game industry.

I would say the same thing if it was an article about microsoft. I'm not a fan boy of any company.

Iit's just dumb saying the vita killed sony when vita represent only a small branch of the video game branch which is a small branch of the electronic branch that sony owns.

Sony is more than the ps4 and the vita.
#37Gigahart_gaylorPosted 11/14/2012 4:03:52 AM
The article talks about how not as many small mom & pop style retailers hold sony products these days. Basic fear mongering.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
Anybody who says Dark Souls gameplay sucks is factually incorrect.
#38PHEEliNUXPosted 11/14/2012 4:06:37 AM
El_Zaggy posted...
Sony is HUGE and I think this article is dumb seeing how many electronicd stuff sony sells per years if you dont look at the video game industry.

I would say the same thing if it was an article about microsoft. I'm not a fan boy of any company.

Iit's just dumb saying the vita killed sony when vita represent only a small branch of the video game branch which is a small branch of the electronic branch that sony owns.

Sony is more than the ps4 and the vita.

^ this

the 3DS didn't kill Nintendo
so Vita won't kill Sony
#39tworow2Posted 11/14/2012 4:14:46 AM
Klobzi posted...
Does Kotaku have any idea

Rarely!
#40ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/14/2012 4:20:22 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
stupid article

Its from Kotaku, what did you expect?