This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku: Sony Is Turning into a Ghost in Japan and Around the World

#91Rickoon5Posted 11/14/2012 9:54:13 AM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Discredited when I saw the word "Kotaku." Why do people believe that POS site?

I just think it's funny because the name is obviously a play on Otaku, a Japanese word, but they spend all their time bashing on Nintendo and Sony, the two Japanese gaming companies. I mean, Kotaku is even featured on Xbox Live with tributes like "Kotaku's Pick" in the indie games category (Most of their choices suck, by the way).

They can hate what they want, Sony IS struggling for sure, but the site name is misleading. It should be called "Angry All-American Video Gamer Nerd Who is Paid by MS"
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#92JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/14/2012 10:03:57 AM
Rickoon5 posted...
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Discredited when I saw the word "Kotaku." Why do people believe that POS site?

I just think it's funny because the name is obviously a play on Otaku, a Japanese word, but they spend all their time bashing on Nintendo and Sony, the two Japanese gaming companies. I mean, Kotaku is even featured on Xbox Live with tributes like "Kotaku's Pick" in the indie games category (Most of their choices suck, by the way).

They can hate what they want, Sony IS struggling for sure, but the site name is misleading. It should be called "Angry All-American Video Gamer Nerd Who is Paid by MS"

You know, I like you.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#93SuplexKirbyPosted 11/14/2012 10:28:06 AM
RollingCradle posted...
Every news article like this one brings us a step closer to Dreamcast2, hells yeah.

Was it confirmed by sega? If not then shut up. Dreamcast is good, but damn the console is overrated thanks to it stupid fanboys.
#94Shinobi120Posted 11/14/2012 10:31:29 AM
Rinton posted...
RedwingedMinx posted...
If what I read about the PS4 is true if they arent dead now they will be when it comes out. At least when it comes to gamers who aren't rich. I dont care so long as the series I like end up elsewhere if it comes down to that. (Disgaea, Tales of, SMT-this one already has)

Gaming is a small part of Sony's financial success.

This. Their gaming division is nowhere near close to being hugely profitable like their Insurance is.
#95thisranksPosted 11/14/2012 10:34:47 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Sony isn't the same anymore ever since they let go of their humanity.

And by humanity, I mean when they stopped being Japanese.

I can see where acting human and treating all gamers equally would be a problem, especially to the regionally challenged individuals like the poster i quoted. Wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out some of these people actually have the nerve to use the J and W because those games should be exclusive to only 'their kind'.

Nah, there's no bias in gaming. /sarcasm

I seem to recall articles from some Japanese developers as well stating that 'being too Japanese was killing their bottom line, too'. They also had to learn the hard way ... and if the rumors that dev costs will double next gen it's only gonna get worse.

BTW, isn't the gaming division the only profitable division for Sony right now? I would expect them to drop anything they can that would save them money.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#96sephiroth068Posted 11/14/2012 11:00:52 AM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
From: RollingCradle | Posted: 11/14/2012 9:39:02 AM | #086
^PS3 is still dead last, you must have been smoking yesterday.

It seems worldwide Sony as ahead by .2 in sales, they are dead last in NA only for the most part.

Its not even DEAD LAST in NA...its just last place. The PS3 isnt suffering in sales as it initially was, but of course at this point it doesnt seem as though Sony will be able to pass the 360 in sales in NA
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#97pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/14/2012 11:05:08 AM
From: sephiroth068 | Posted: 11/14/2012 11:00:52 AM | #096
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
From: RollingCradle | Posted: 11/14/2012 9:39:02 AM | #086
^PS3 is still dead last, you must have been smoking yesterday.

It seems worldwide Sony as ahead by .2 in sales, they are dead last in NA only for the most part.

Its not even DEAD LAST in NA...its just last place. The PS3 isnt suffering in sales as it initially was, but of course at this point it doesnt seem as though Sony will be able to pass the 360 in sales in NA
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)

They don't need to surpass in NA as they already ahead everywhere else, even in pal regions like UK, Germany they are about a 1 million behind the 360 in sales, there about 9 million behind in NA .

That is why NA gets screwed on special things from developers unlike else where because SOny has more stance else where.

The point is even with that 9 mill lead Sony managed to pull ahead overall which shows that NA is not as important as everyone thinks plus it started as a 10 million console lead overall guess what its not anymore.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#98THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 11/14/2012 11:08:24 AM
We'll get this article again next year.....and watch it will actually be TRUE then unlike the last 100+ articles that made that claim.

See Sony's gonna pay.......well.....one day at least......But just you watch when it does!!!
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#99AnthonM2Posted 11/14/2012 11:13:18 AM
Actionrat posted...
Sony has declined, but they won't die anytime soon. They've suffered in innovation as well as competitive pricing- areas where Korean firms like Samsung has stepped in and done very well. In keeping up with trends, Sony really missed the boat with MP3 players, letting Apple run away with the portable music player market that Sony virtually defined early on.

People don't know that the Koreans don't have or own any tech, Apple too, it's all patent from japan, but most people don't know that, there is hidden allies, Japan want to be nice to Koreans and to the Americans, for example Japan can release the 1st phone with 4G but they didn't , Docomo the japanese company that invented the 3G and 4G tech gave it to Apple.

Japan want to help Apple to be the best and help the Koreans so they will not be enemies to Japan.

The Iphone was made by Toshiba, Japan can dominate the smart phone market but they decided to patent their tech and be friends to everyone, Sony can kill the Ipod and the iphone but they will never want to harm an American company.

Without Japan you'll not all be enjoying the high tech phones, TVs and cars etc..
#100apocalyptic_4Posted 11/14/2012 1:15:37 PM
Did anyone read the article.

Nope saw the title and went into defense mode.
---
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy