This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Sony will actually ban hackers?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do you think Sony will actually ban hackers?
3 years ago#1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/14/sony-banning-playstation-3-hackers

I mean I play COD games online semi-often and I've encountered people using lag switches and hacks. It's really annoying as they lag up the games, and piss people off by cheating.

Reporting them does nothing.

Do you think if Sony banned hackers, people with custom firmware, etc would fix this? I think it'd be a good idea to ban those people's PSN names, IP address ban, etc. It may increase number of console sales too..rofl.
---
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629
3 years ago#2
you don't simply ban hackers

i mean c'mon, they are hackers. HACKERS. they'll unban themselves

delete their entire account and any trace of the account ever existing and deny any knowledge it ever existed
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
"Knocc em down"- Taizuku
3 years ago#3
I don't think they can. Even if they wanted to, I don't think they could do it. Enforcing something like a ban on hackers would be nearly impossible, and require a great deal of effort, and even then it's not going to get rid of them.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
3 years ago#4
This will only bother hackers who previously bought stuff on there PSN account, that got banned.

This article explains why risen 2 was so bad:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2011/02/16/sony-threatens-ps3-pirates
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
3 years ago#5
im so scared
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
3 years ago#6
They can make threats like that all they want to, but they can't actually enforce them. If they could, they would, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The best they can do is try and scare people into behaving, but that only works if you have the boom stick to lay into people that don't comply, which they obviously don't.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
3 years ago#7
Last I checked, Blops 2 detects modded consoles almost instantly and ban them (not sure if it's a PSN ban though).

Problem is as said before, hackers can just change the ConsoleID, MAC and make a new PSN account, but they keep getting detected and banned instantly.
They're definitely working on bypassing that though.
3 years ago#8
they should brick their systems instead of banning them
3 years ago#9
urtv posted...
they should brick their systems instead of banning them

That is illegal. Microsoft tried to do that a long time ago (well not brick, but cripple), they got sued and lost.

EDIT : Owait, I forgot doing something illegal is (usually) not a problem at all for those companies, and they can get away with it.
3 years ago#10
Then maybe they could do this..

First Offense
- PSN access blocked for 2 weeks

Second Offense
- PSN access blocked for 3 weeks
- user name (all associated with the console) according to IP address & MAC address banned for 3 weeks

Third Offense
- all user names permanently banned (associated w/ the console) according to IP & MAC address
- all trophies deleted
- permanent message saying hacker
...etc.

Or~

I am really hoping that next generation, game developers are more active with monitoring "unusual" activities instead of depending on people reporting users.

They should actively release mandatory patches to games every so often to combat, reduce, and or eliminate hackers and cheaters. These patches should automatically install as soon as the console is turned on.

Next generation needs to have systems connected online for first few minutes while turned on to do a quick scan on the system to make sure hacks aren't installed, no custom firmware is installed, etc
---
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do you think Sony will actually ban hackers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived