This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony needs a halo

#1kloud 11Posted 11/14/2012 6:26:30 AM
A unique shooter that makes it hard to resist buying a playstation like halo for xbox. Killzone series had it right with killzone 2 but GG had to ruin it with KZ3. There isnt really any good exclusive FPS on ps3 that have come out in the last 2-3 years
#2AjescentPosted 11/14/2012 6:29:34 AM
I thought they needed a Mario...and a Mario Kart, and a Gears and a Zelda and a Metroid...?

When Sony tries to make these things, people complain they aren't being original and dismiss the games as being copies.

When Sony tries to be original, people accuse them of not trying to get their Halos and their Marios so which is it? What do people want?
---
Waiting patiently for UnKarted to be announced since 4-Dec-2009
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Ajescent
#3kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 6:31:05 AM
Ajescent posted...
I thought they needed a Mario...and a Mario Kart, and a Gears and a Zelda and a Metroid...?

When Sony tries to make these things, people complain they aren't being original and dismiss the games as being copies.

When Sony tries to be original, people accuse them of not trying to get their Halos and their Marios so which is it? What do people want?

I just want a good exclusive FPS that isnt trying to be COD like both resistance and KZ became
#4snipernoob2000Posted 11/14/2012 6:35:15 AM
Ajescent posted...

So true.
---
I hate gamefaqs mods.
#5ThAce6Posted 11/14/2012 6:37:24 AM
PS3 needs a ******* TimeSplitters.
---
PSN: Anemptybox
#6este914Posted 11/14/2012 6:37:46 AM
I only have and use my xbox 360 for: Gears of War, Halo, Forza, Perfect Dark 0 and a couple other titles. All else I use my PS3... So it is what it is. PS3 has its fair share of good shooters too.
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#7theshovellerPosted 11/14/2012 7:00:00 AM
I agree that they need a Halo. I really thoguht Resistance would have been that Halo, but given the turns and such they made in the second and third games, it just didn't pan out. Killzone could be good, but I think it focuses too much on just a sci-fi military thing - it doesn't have that "alien" aspect that Halo does.

Unfortunately, I don't see Sony ever having a "Halo," simply because Halo already exists, and anything they try to put out will be compared to it, and immediately be playing second fiddle to it in that regard. They imitate Halo, then they get called on it. They try something original but "feels like Halo," and it's "not as good as Halo." Both reviewers and gamers in general are extremely finicky about their franchises.
#8antoinejonesPosted 11/14/2012 7:24:11 AM
Dust 514 >.>
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#9theshovellerPosted 11/14/2012 7:25:18 AM
antoinejones posted...
Dust 514 >.>

Yeah, but it's deathmatch only. What about people like me who like single-player and co-op, without having to be on a team trying to kill another player?
#10antoinejonesPosted 11/14/2012 8:43:46 AM
theshoveller posted...
antoinejones posted...
Dust 514 >.>

Yeah, but it's deathmatch only. What about people like me who like single-player and co-op, without having to be on a team trying to kill another player?

theyrll be other options than fighting... infact I read if you want you could get rich in the game and never once see a single battle. Also i wasnt aware 90% of the halo population played the game for single player.. i always thought they played it for capture the flag battles that consist of sniping ppl from the opposite end of the map
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.