This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lone Survivor coming to PSN

#1PhaseBlackPosted 11/14/2012 9:36:17 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/13/lone-survivor-migrating-to-ps3-and-vita/

For both PS3 and Vita, looks awesome
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2Ryan SiPosted 11/14/2012 9:44:07 AM
Games like that (and including that..) are a dime a dozen on Steam. I wonder how much Sony will inflate the price...
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si
#3PaddyFinnLikePosted 11/14/2012 9:45:55 AM
I've played it already. It's interesting rather than actually good.

The atmosphere is good and there's a couple of mechanics that suggest more depth (like the whole food and water stuff). But mostly it's poor stealth and combat mixed with wandering around until you stumble across the next event, The map system is also really annoying and it's easy to get mixed up (even worse for a game that's actually pretty linear in design). The story also starts off like it's going to be really unsettling and engrossing but ends up just being a long list of unconnected and enigmatic scenes that don't lead anywhere. It's also only a few hours long.

It's worth playing but I wouldn't get too excited, there's a lot better indie games out there.
#4ChaingunmasterPosted 11/14/2012 9:46:19 AM
Ryan Si posted...
Games like that (and including that..) are a dime a dozen on Steam.

Sometimes literally during the summer sales!
Still, looking forward to this.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#5OtakuGameraPosted 11/14/2012 9:48:36 AM
Games like that (and including that..) are a dime a dozen on Steam. I wonder how much Sony will inflate the price...

what does sony have to do with it?
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#6Ryan SiPosted 11/14/2012 5:21:56 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

what does sony have to do with it?

Just an assumption. For example, LIMBO is $14.99 on PSN, it's $9.99 on Steam, but it's on sale every now and then for $2.49.

Games are generally more expensive on consoles (yet don't offer the customization you get on PC), it's a rip off and why I've pretty much abandoned buying console games at all. Picked up both LIMBO and Super Meat Boy for a grand total of $5 this month. Bioshock 1 and 2 for $7.49...? Why not.
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si