This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy Darksiders 2 or Resident Evil 6

#1EternityUnknownPosted 11/14/2012 10:08:21 AM
Should I buy Darksiders 2 or Resident Evil 6 - Results (80 votes)
Darksiders 2
70% (56 votes)
Resident Evil 6
30% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now, I was a big fan of Darksiders 1, and the second game looked really fun to me, but I don't know how long it is or if it has any replayability. I've read reviews that said it was a good game, and while the lack of multiplayer might hurt it's replay factor, it also makes it easier for me to sit down and play.

RE6 on the other hand, my friend actually has. I enjoy it, or at least the multiplayer component of it. I haven't played it single player yet, and I know that if I buy it, I might not always have someone to play co-op with (I don't have a fast enough internet connection to play online), but I do really enjoy the co-op experience.

I enjoy the stories presented in both games (or rather, the concepts, since I haven't actually finished either game), though I'm a new-era Resident Evil fan (starting with RE4), so I don't really know the full story of things that are going on. I've skimmed wiki entries, but the story for RE is seems a little bit convoluted to me, whereas with DS2, I've played the only game entry, so I'm not as hopelessly lost.

Any persuasive arguments would be welcome. Please try and avoid spoilers for the games though.
---
This guy are always sick. No, way? Off course! That's how touph he is... beacause he is... a puppet...
#2DoukouPosted 11/14/2012 10:11:56 AM
I put in 50 hours for Darksiders 2 but I did go for all achievements
So I imagine it taking 25-30 hours doing most of the side quests.
---
Don't read this sig.
#3Fear the MONKEYPosted 11/14/2012 10:30:03 AM
when in doubt, support the developer that gives a **** about its fanbase.

go darksiders 2.

wait for price drop on re6
---
psn id: FearTheMonkey
#4JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/14/2012 10:30:54 AM
Fear the MONKEY posted...

---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#5EternityUnknown(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 10:41:44 AM
Thanks guys, I'm really heavily leaning towards DS2 now.

This to me is a really good argument, because I really want to see a DS3 come out.

The 360 board seems a bit more neck and neck, but it's much more definitive here.
---
This guy are always sick. No, way? Off course! That's how touph he is... beacause he is... a puppet...
#6spike17spiegelPosted 11/14/2012 10:56:17 AM
As you said you liked DS1 then you will love DS2 in every way.
---
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
#7Dark_SpiretPosted 11/14/2012 11:11:14 AM(edited)

go darksiders 2.

thats pretty damn unfair. atleast capcom are actually addressing the issues in the game and trying to fix them. Also RE6 does NOT have a season pass while DS2 does(DS2 has $34 worth of dlc out, RE6 has $3 worth). Vigil Games/THQ, like capcom are not exactly saints when it comes to gouging the customers.
---
Currently playing: FTL - X-COM: EU - Hotline Miami
#8takilla21Posted 11/14/2012 11:03:13 AM
Darksiders 2 I would say I liked the first one too. Best buy will have it for $30 on black Friday
---
PSN: Takilla
Xbox gamer tag: Takilla21
#9sephiroth068Posted 11/14/2012 11:16:43 AM
as someone who owns the game and played the hell out of the first Darksiders and loved that as well, Darksiders 2 is not without its flaws and had its share of game breaking bugs that have since been patched, but still disappointing when considering how Darksiders 1 was relatively bug free

that said, Darksiders 2 is still an awesome game and offers more of the same dungeon crawling experience from the first one (even more so in this game) and awesome combat along with new features, some bad and some good. as well as some changes from the first game which again some are bad and some are good

however I think that most of the changes were good, but the bad changes were rather disappointing and I wished that wasnt the case but it is what it is

essentially if you loved Darksiders I and are not bugged by a slightly buggier game, then Darksiders II is a good choice for you

I havent played Resident Evil 6, or and Resident Evil for that matter so I camt offer my opinion on it for you
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#10angry_cowtipperPosted 11/14/2012 11:57:33 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...

go darksiders 2.

thats pretty damn unfair. atleast capcom are actually addressing the issues in the game and trying to fix them. Also RE6 does NOT have a season pass while DS2 does(DS2 has $34 worth of dlc out, RE6 has $3 worth). Vigil Games/THQ, like capcom are not exactly saints when it comes to gouging the customers.

It's still a bad game. Bad game versus pretty good game? Go for the pretty good game.
---
Darksiders II (PC), TTT2 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush, Cliff Diving (VITA)